Re: Dragon age Inquisition won't start up. Can't even see loading screen or curs

by Rotornator

Original Post

Re: Dragon age Inquisition won't start up. Can't even see loading screen or curs

★★ Novice

@Tomma_87 wrote:

http://hastebin.com/vuxajekoja.tex

Installed the game and when i press play game the mouse courser shows that the pc is thinking/working and then i happens nothing.....

I see now that it says i have Intel HD 4600 GPU, but i have a brand new MSI notebook with GTX 880M installed. How can I fix this?

Message 91 of 122 (2,616 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Try closing the Razer Synapse program then launch the game

Message 92 of 122 (2,615 Views)

★★ Novice

I can't find any Razr Synapse program :S

Message 93 of 122 (2,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

You only have that program if you use a Razer product like a Death Adder. 

Message 94 of 122 (2,586 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Forcing windowed/borderless worked for me as well. It worked earlier this week without any workarounds but after what looks like an Origin patch, DAI kept crashing while trying to resize the window.

I'm also running it on Iris Pro graphics at 2880x1800. Gorath needs to get off his discrete GPU high horse and accept silicon for silicon.

Message 95 of 122 (2,573 Views)

★★★ Novice

Was able to get running by disabling the intel gpu and running in windowed no borders, but it is choppy as heck, all my drivers are upto date, anymore ideas out there?

Message 96 of 122 (2,557 Views)

★★ Novice

I got it running. Had to right click the game and go to settings and mark for "deactivating origins in the game" or something. It's in my language so not 100% sure what it says in english

Message 97 of 122 (2,555 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well it runs until you try to start a character, then it crashes, what the hell EA/Bioware fix your game

Message 98 of 122 (2,523 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am facing the same problem too...

Just downloaded game today, tried to launch with Origin...

But it just says Dragon Age has stopped working...

http://hastebin.com/tayopiyebo.tex

Please could anyone help out?

Message 99 of 122 (2,081 Views)

★★ Novice

@Feuer1986 wrote:

I am facing the same problem too...

Just downloaded game today, tried to launch with Origin...

But it just says Dragon Age has stopped working...

http://hastebin.com/tayopiyebo.tex

Please could anyone help out?

Try what I posted. It worked for me.  Right click the game in Origins and go to settings and mark for "deactivating origins in the game" or something. It's in my native language so not 100% sure what it says in english

Message 100 of 122 (2,068 Views)