Dragon Glitches - Kaltenzahn doesnt die/ map glitch

by VICIOUZz1

Original Post

Dragon Glitches - Kaltenzahn doesnt die/ map glitch

★ Novice

So im doing the breeding ground quest in Du Lion . I kill the Hivernal and move onto the kalt, get him down to about 20% health . He uses his Aoe wing attack and im controlling varic . Leap shots etc.. Then Varric falls through the map...he respawns with almost no health. Then suddenly I notice the dragon is back at full health ..I leave reload to before hand and try agian . This time no Varric glitch but the dragon is at 0% health and is not dieing . Its just sitting there and I can hit it blood splatter etc... But it wont die . I leave and go back up the stairs and its alive .

Message 1 of 20 (12,805 Views)

Re: Dragon Glitches - Kaltenzahn doesnt die/ map glitch

Community Manager

Was your reload to before you even engaged the boss? What system are you on? If on PC, please try running the repair function, and if on console please try a full restart. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 20 (12,761 Views)

★ Novice

2 seperate reloads . One autosave was while I was fighting the dragon another at skyhold . Xbox 360 and its been pretty glitchy with graphics and voice but the gameplay has been decent . But a dragon not dieing at 0 health then fully respawning is a little crazy . Im going to fight it agian and if it does the same thing ill take a video

Message 3 of 20 (12,758 Views)

★ Novice
Same thing happened to me this afternoon. I was at level 16 so the battle was very hard fought and I stood alone at the end(my party was dead) and then the dragon won't die with 0 health and I have to start all over again
Message 4 of 20 (12,739 Views)

★ Novice

Damn 16? That mustve been hard ha . Do the sulelevn blade quest or w/e its called . Best 2h in the game , did it agian with that and the dragonslayer axe you can buy at skyhold and it was over in almost 10min . Highland dragon was by far the easiest to do with the items . So I gues if it glitches like that your screwed and need to di it agian . Now that I think about it same thing happened to druffy in the hinterlands for some reason.

Message 5 of 20 (12,731 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried to kill two difference dragons so far, both at Zero just stand there bleeding but not dieing???????????????????????????????

Message 6 of 20 (12,687 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here, I just got it down to zero health and it's just standing their, I can't lock on or do any damage, but my weapon is still drawn so I can't used to skull to check for shards. This is the second time this has happned, the first was the Sandy Howler and I had to do that one a second time because of this stpud bug.

Message 7 of 20 (12,672 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I experienced this Kaltenzahn not dying glitch on the PS4. I have attempted multiple times to discuss this with live chat, but each time, I have been afk by the end of the 45 minute wait period I am given before reaching a live person. I'm glad to see there is a thread for this, and that EA has been informed. Hopefully, EA and Bioware will actually address the issue and put out a patch, as this bug is clearly present across systems.

Message 8 of 20 (12,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem, except with the Highland Ravager. I've tried the fight several times and it ends up standing there refusing to die.
Have tried reloading saves, exiting the fight and returning to it so that the fight resets. Nothing seems to work that will allow me to kill this dragon.
Message 9 of 20 (12,623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me with Hivernal. I beat it down to 0 health, then it stood up and now it's just standing there at 0% health.

Message 10 of 20 (11,943 Views)