Re: Dragon Age inquisition won't lunch

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Dragon Age inquisition won't lunch

★ Novice

Hello, I bought Dragon Age Inquisition: Game of the year a while back and I wanted to play it now. But when I first started the game it didn't even want to pup up. So I reinstalled it and I got it to start, but now the problem is that It says that I have an update to install. But when I try to update it nothing happens and the game keeps booting me out because of it.

Please help idk what to do, I just want to play it.

https://hastebin.com/bofixaqaze.makefile

Message 1 of 6 (622 Views)

I don't know which update you are talking about but you have 3 instances of ashwooka.dll in crash reports at bottom of dxdiag related to DAI.  This is Avast anti-virus interfering with DAI running.  So to start with pht in exclusions for DAI, Origin program and DAI saves folder in the global section.  Global means avast will not scan or interfere with running, they also have just a scanning exclusion which doesn't ignore enough to get it to work.

After you do this, test the game and if it still has issues post Exactly what is needed to be upgraded and what exactly happens when you try to run the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6 (609 Views)

★ Novice

I did what you said and nothing new happened, the game still won't start. The update warning still pops up, "Content patch". I refresh Origin and I try to update DAI but it says it's ok and there are no updates.

Message 3 of 6 (583 Views)

A few things to try.....

1)  Sign out and close Origin program.  Then open it back up and sign back in.

2)  Repair DA:I program.   While this sometimes works, it SHOULD verify all game files and make sure everything is updated to latest.

3)  If neither of the above worked, then uninstall Origin and download the EA Origin program back from their site.  This shouldn't do anything to your game library, as soon as you reinstall it, and maybe set the install directories back to their current location if you have changed off default, then it find all your games and they should be playable.

I THOUGHT that content patch location was for Origin, because it doesn't show anything about updates on the DAI picture....plus DAI hasn't been updated in years.  So unless you have/had mods for your game, then it shouldn't need updating....

If you used mods, then there may be an issue with them.....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 6 (556 Views)

★ Novice

I did everything you said and nothing new happened.

Thanks for the help, but I give up atm. I will play some DAO instead and hope that it works.

Message 5 of 6 (433 Views)

You may also try disabling/turning off Avast for a short period, and seeing if the game launches.  I have heard of a few people that require both the exclusions and disabling Avast to get it to work.  Also I see you have ME installed....does it launch??

If other games launch then it leads me to think it is probably still Avast.  If no game launches in Origin, then there is further issues related to it.

Message 6 of 6 (428 Views)