Dragon Age inquisition PC controls struggle

by Ergbttm_Ftrj

Original Post

Dragon Age inquisition PC controls struggle

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys was a great fan of dragon age 2 decided to get this full version recently. Playing it on PC. probably others have mentioned this i am just too lazy to look. The keyboard mouse interface is terrible and extremely difficult to use....totally unplayable..... i cannot play this game comfortably. just too many controls. WHY!!!??? Devil Anyway.....Ok so, is there any patch that improves this somewhere please? otherwise i am just gonna dump the game and write off the spend

Message 1 of 3 (531 Views)

Re: Dragon Age inquisition PC controls struggle

Hero

There were some changes to the controls going from DA2 to DA Inquisition that I understand can be pretty jarring.

Is there anything specific about the controls that you dislike? For me the biggest change was the removal of auto-attack. They later patched in an auto-attack keybind, but the auto-attack is cancelled when you start moving, which I think is very useless if you play as an archer who shoots while strafing.

If you have a controller, maybe you could try using that.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (514 Views)

Re: Dragon Age inquisition PC controls struggle

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I concur 100% on the usability difficulty observation you described.

For myself , being a pretty hardcore PC platform gamer the best reference from a user perspective is the movement and attack interface - just put it on the mouse: point , click , move attack - like Diablo almost .... the learning curve for a PC user coming from games like NWN and ALL  similar genres , - to this....It lost me at start up, first 5 minutes and another 5 today ...i really honestly would LOVE to play this , I remain a massive fan of BIOWARE  and EA but i really am gutted that it's so tough to on-board from start up

PS: Thanks for taking the time to engage Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (498 Views)