Re: Dragon Age crashes when loading the character creator [PC]

by vulpixelates

Original Post

Dragon Age crashes when loading the character creator [PC]

★★ Novice

I can load saves/autosaves but when attempting to start a new game, the game crashes after picking race/class. There is the three card loading screen, then it turns to the black loading screen, freezes and crashes to Origin with no errors. I've tried the antivirus fix (malwarebytes), updated drivers, reinstalled the game, deleted mods and saves, the profile fix, and checked for disk and memory issues, but the issue still persists. I don't know what else to try, dxdiag attached.

Message 1 of 3 (1,664 Views)

You have an issue with Origin, part of their web linking launch systems, and a few DAI app hangs listed in your Dxdiag.  Malwarebytes recently has been implicated in another user having major issues with saves and such on their system when they were using DAI with mods.  So, I would suggest disabling malwarebytes, uninstalling Origin, uninstall all mods, do a clean reinstall of Origin, then a full repair on DAI, and then retry.  A crash on character creation is MOST likely related to mod interference, USUALLY ones related to altered looks, and that would be why later saves work, since they aren't accessing the mods in the same way. 

In the other thread with a malwarebytes issue, it effected the save ability of the system, even going so far as to start locking out other windows apps, and required a system restore to previous point and then continuing from there with fixes to remove malwarebytes. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (1,616 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 3 of 3 (1,534 Views)