Re: Dragon Age crash after Origin Update

by StonerKing

Original Post

Dragon Age crash after Origin Update

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, I've been able to play DA:I for the frist week or so and then I updated Origin. The game worked at first, however since Tuesday I have been unable to play the game. When I start it up I can see the DA:I logo in the bottom right hand corner. Wehn it is about to change to the next loading screen the game automatically closes and goes to the desktop. I have tried disabling in-game origin, I tried to re-installing microsoft net framework, I reinstalled the game, I tried Windowed mode and I also tried system restore and nothing seems to work. Has anybody else faced this problem and fixed it?

Message 1 of 11 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Crashes without any error or message. Game is completely unplayable.

Message 2 of 11 (420 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here ,just installed an origin update and now I can't launch DA:I at all, its completely unplayable for me.

Other games seem to work (tried ME3 and Titanfall)

Message 3 of 11 (410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

What update?

Message 4 of 11 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It was the origin update for the PC that came out the 25th I think.

Message 5 of 11 (388 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Then I got the update and I haven't had an issue. I've noticed something about all this mess.

Everyone having problems screwed with something or changed the directory or edited a file or something.

An actual problem would affect everyone...That's why there is such a thing as a recall. They don't issue a recall unless everyone is affected by it which means it's not a problem. Things like this are usually caused by consumers messing with things.

Message 6 of 11 (383 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I haven't changed a thing. The only thing that changed between when I could play and when I couldn't play was the origin update.

Message 7 of 11 (357 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, haven't moved any files or changed anything ... ever.

Only thing changed was the Origin update

Message 8 of 11 (343 Views)

★★★★ Novice

LOL I am sorry mate, but have you seen the amount of people who can't play this game? And you say it's not a problem it's only the users who **bleep** things up...really?? Please think before you speak/type. An actual problem will not affect everyone, because there are various platforms (xbox PS PC), and no 2 PC systems are exactly alike. LOL

I have almost the same issue. Was able to play the game (except I haven't been able to connect to DA servers even once, although my DA2 connects no problem), but since Teusday after small Origin update the game crashes immediately after origin 'syncing game files' window, with windows error "Inquisition has stopped working'. Only way I can play is by disabling origin in-game. So all this tells me is somehow Origin is a lame piece of **bleep** program that messes the game. FFS just use steam Wink. Anyway, although I can play offline, disabling origin in-game means I can't connect to DA servers wether it works or not. I spent may many hours playing DA 1+2 and would like to use the Keep and also get my pre-order items. It's over a week since launch and still nothing. Not acceptable for a 'final product'. Did you guys skip Beta testing completely? So EA how about you fix Origin hmm? Or is it too complicated?

Message 9 of 11 (322 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Here is the hastebin file for my computer:

http://hastebin.com/fugodegefa.tex

Has any one found a solution that does not involve disabling in-game origin because I have already tried that.

Message 10 of 11 (293 Views)