Dragon Age Windows 10 problem.

by OuterHaven671

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Windows 10 problem.

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for this!! I have been looking for a solution for ages, and this is the only thing that helped!!!!!

Message 11 of 33 (5,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

as soon as i launch the game it crashes and the dai file pops up even after permanently deleting it

Message 12 of 33 (5,421 Views)

★★★ Expert

First Windows 10 is not the issue unless you have not ran the game since before upgrading that computer to windows 10.

Second, If you use AVG, see THIS THREAD.

If that is not the problem please follow the instructions in THIS THREAD so that we can better help you get the game working.

Message 13 of 33 (5,413 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This fix didn't work for me.

DX Diag is underneath

Message 14 of 33 (4,633 Views)

Re: Dragon Age AVG antivirus problem.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

AVG is still the single most common reason for this game to fail.  Even setting the program to ignore both Origin and DA isn't sufficient, it will still block things for you.  Get rid of it. 

Looking at your DxDiag Report, your graphics driver is old.  Do not use the very latest, # 376.33, which is not fully compatible with the latest games using the Frostbite game engine, and also do not apply a next Geforce driver atop the old one.  Use only a Clean Install option for the driver. 

Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 7/31/2016 6:00:00 PM, 17799424 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Message 15 of 33 (4,623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
One thing that worked for me is disabling Origin In-game from the options. I was having exactly the same issue, and that solved it.
Message 16 of 33 (4,595 Views)

★ Novice

How do I set Windows to show hidden files?

Message 17 of 33 (3,890 Views)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

Link to microsoft website showing how to enable hidden files....but be careful, most are hidden for a reason, and messing with them can cause issues if you aren't careful....

@Veloraine  different operating systems use different methods...I just went to options in windows 10 and then searched hidden, and it popped up a link to hidden files options..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 18 of 33 (3,884 Views)

★ Novice

I found out how, did the entire thing like I was supposed to and it did nothing, I even changed the compatability of the game to run for Windows 7 and 8 and still no progress. I've basically done everything EXCEPT reinstalling the game altogether.

Message 19 of 33 (3,880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I cannot find c:/ProgramData/Eletronic Arts/EA Services/License, folder

Message 20 of 33 (3,675 Views)