Re: Dragon Age Server is Unavailable

by blee23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Server is Unavailable

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I'm trying to find out if the Dragon Age Server is indeed down, or if I have a problem on my end.  I have a new router so it could be on my end. I'm trying to run Dragon Age Inquisition on my Windows 10 PC.  I have ran it in the past, but it's been a while. 

What I've tried:

1. Fresh Install/Game.  This is a fresh install from Origin.  I completely wiped it (and the Origin AppData local folder) and fresh download/install of the game.  Then after this did not fix it, I asked Origin to 'repair game'. 
  2. Also, I opened up all TCP and UDP ports according to: https://help.ea.com/en/article/online-ports-for-dragon-age-inquisition/
  3. I tested Dragon Age Service on another Windows 10 PC through Dragon Age 2 Origin Game.  (could not connect there either)
  4. I was able to log into Dragon Age Keep and upload a new world state.  (I thought maybe it wouldn't work if Dragon Age Servers are down).  Is there an address I can ping to find out if it this server is available?
  5. I own the game on Xbox One as well.  I was able to connect to the Dragon Age Servers for Xbox One.  However, I am under the assumption it is an entirely different server between PC and consoles.  Probably even a different server between 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, etc.
  6. Completely removed DAI AND Origin.  Reboot.  Reinstalled both!  Still doesn't work.  I still can't connect.  Why won't you answer me EA/Bioware?
  7. Tried setting NAT filtering to "open" instead of "secure" in router.  No effect.
  8. Ran a UO trace route to easo.ea.com and only saw 0% or 100% loss in trace route/polling.  
  9. Disabled my Firewall on my PC
  10. Removed AVG Security
  11. Added exceptions to folders and programs for Windows Defender for Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition
  12. Reset Router
  13. Updated Router software
  14. Updated Cable Modem software
  15. Connected directly to Cable Modem (bypassing router completely)
  16. Ran Origins as administrator
  17. Tried running in compatibility mode for Windows 8
  18. Followed guide on portforward.com for my router
    1. Used PFPortChecker utility to test every...single...UDP & TCP port that should be open for this game.  Every port that I opened was indeed open. I purposely put in ports I did not open and saw that PFPortChecker correctly identified ports that were not open.

What I really need to know is if the Dragon Age Servers are down or not.  It would be nice is if there is a link where I could go to, and it would simply say "up" or "down".  Rather than load up the game and wonder what is really going on.

At this time, I'm 90% convinced the problem is not on my end.  It would just be good to find out if that were the case.

*EDIT*

Maybe I wasn't fully explaining the problem.  I just bought EVERY DLC for the game, and it won't let me access any of it because it won't connect to the "DRAGON AGE SERVER".  

If this isn't the place to get technical help from EA or Bioware, who do I have to call/contact/email to get an answer?  How about a ETA on a server fix?  Or tell me it's on my end.  Something from a qualified tech.  Please.

*EDIT2*

All I want is a response EA!!!!  A simple "we're having problems on our end!" would suffice.  Screw the ETA.  Just tell me I'm not crazy.

Message 1 of 15 (22,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

Follow-up update.  I can now connect to the Dragon Age Servers on every PC in the house.  Nothing was changed on 2 of the 3 PCs.  Hence the problem was either EA/Bioware or something in between.  So if you are having this problem, you may just have to sit and wait.

View in thread

Message 5 of 15 (27,301 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 15 (22,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the response.  What do you want me to attach?  Perhaps a screenshot from the game showing that the Dragon Age Servers are Unavailable?  It isn't working on Dragon Age Inquisition, Dragon Age Origins, Dragon Age 2, on any of my three PCs at home.  I also cannot connect to the Mass Effect 3 servers either.  Maybe a picture showing how the computer is directly connected to the cable modem, bypassing the router?

Let me be clear.  The game does not crash on me.  I just can't connect to the Dragon Age Servers.  What this means, is that I have ZERO ACCESS to ALL DLC I have legally purchased.  I just spent $14.99 for each DLC, and $5 for both spoils of qunari and avaar. 

Bottom line.  I paid for a product, and I'm not getting what I paid for.  I'd like it fixed.  I don't want my money back.  I just want it fixed. 

The only two reasons, I can deduce, are

1)  There is a problem connecting and it's not anything in my house

2)  It's Windows 10

I have been able to bypass the router, and disable all firewalls.  Problem persists, and it's on every one of my 3 PCs at home.

Now if it's a problem not in my house, it's either EA servers in general, or something to do with my provider (or something between my house and EA).

Message 3 of 15 (22,162 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

UPDATE!!

So I re-installed Windows 10.  Then I installed Origin as admin.  Then I reinstalled Dragon Age Inquisition.  I made sure to "interrupt" the download before it finished.  And it connected!!!!!  Yay!

Now, did something I do fix it?  Or was it just random dumb luck and EA/Bioware fixed their servers.  Not sure.

Message 4 of 15 (22,144 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Follow-up update.  I can now connect to the Dragon Age Servers on every PC in the house.  Nothing was changed on 2 of the 3 PCs.  Hence the problem was either EA/Bioware or something in between.  So if you are having this problem, you may just have to sit and wait.

Message 5 of 15 (27,302 Views)

★ Novice

Not sure if this will work for everyone.

I launched the game, went to options/account, then disabled every section and logged in manually instead of allowing the game to log me in. My speculation is that the server somehow doesn't allow me to upload game data or smth like that. Hopefully this will be helpful. Srry for my poor english

Message 6 of 15 (21,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie
its the server its been down for days now
Message 7 of 15 (18,218 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anyone know if it's temporary or are they just done?

Message 8 of 15 (17,389 Views)

★★ Novice
Wondering the same thing, I just bought all the dlc to play on my Xbox 1 but can't download any of it.
Message 9 of 15 (17,351 Views)

★★ Novice

having the same issue on my xbox and since my save has some of the launch content that was not released outside the bioware profile so i cant even load my old game.

Message 10 of 15 (15,711 Views)