Re: Dragon Age Keep "Career"

by Rawex

Original Post

Dragon Age Keep "Career"

★ Apprentice

"Sarcastic" Thank you for making it possible to unlock everything in the career, but not able to reset it!

Developers of Dragon Age Keep, please make it possible to reset the Career section.

I cannot see why it is smart to have a unlock feature, but not a reset feature in case you unlock something you didn't want to after all!

Kind regards...

P.S. If you view the screenshot, it now feels great in my Dragon Age Keep.. (Sarcastic again..) It's great that i can't undo this mistake, weee...

Message 1 of 22 (1,629 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry, but no one here can do anything for you.  The AHQ is for player-to-player  technical self-help and game-play discussions. When you post here you are not talking to BioWare, EA, Sony, or Microsoft.  We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

Message 2 of 22 (1,617 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Sorry, but no one here can do anything for you.  The AHQ is for player-to-player  technical self-help and game-play discussions. When you post here you are not talking to BioWare, EA, Sony, or Microsoft.  We're all just fellow gamers, doin' the best we can...

That is not correct, i was told by the "EA Support" to post here as the "developers" regularly read in here.

I was told by support with a direct link to this forum, to post in here requesting in this change by the developers to happen.

I can imagine i am not the only one in the world that might want a reset to this career feature.

Stop being cynical ThandalNLyman, it is extremely annoying and of course the developers read in here.

Message 3 of 22 (1,610 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Well, I'm not surprised that an EA Game Advisor told you that.  (Disappointed... but not surprised.)

As someone who is in communication with a Senior Producer at BioWare, (one who was a producer on DA2) I can tell you that no, they don't visit here.  Not as part of the normal course of business.  When the Community Managers (CMs) here see a lot of posts on the same problem issue they collect and forward bug reports to the various studios to be evaluated.  But that's about it for developer interaction with the AHQ.  (Officially, that is.  Unofficially, any dev is free to peruse the forums like anybody else, of course.)

That said, the devs *do* look at Twitter and FaceBook.  So maybe those channels would serve you better?

Message 4 of 22 (1,592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Well, I'm not surprised that an EA Game Advisor told you that.  (Disappointed... but not surprised.)

As someone who is in communication with a Senior Producer at BioWare, (one who was a producer on DA2) I can tell you that no, they don't visit here.  Not as part of the normal course of business.  When the Community Managers (CMs) here see a lot of posts on the same problem issue they collect and forward bug reports to the various studios to be evaluated.  But that's about it for developer interaction with the AHQ.  (Officially, that is.  Unofficially, any dev is free to peruse the forums like anybody else, of course.)

That said, the devs *do* look at Twitter and FaceBook.  So maybe those channels would serve you better?

Well in that case i guess it's good i put up a notice about it on their twitter, specifically their "DragonAgeKeep" Twitter and emailed their contact mail for Bioware.com

Facebook... i guess i'll give it a notice as well, just in case.

Am i really wrong to request this feature and why do i feel like the only one in the world who was stupid enough to unlock it all?

Also... i don't own any DLC in DA2, but now IN MY GAME, i just re-installed and when i check my installed DLC section, it says i own freaking everything... It's like i was given all DLC free? Woot?

Message 5 of 22 (1,584 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

"Woot!" indeed!  If that hak works (unlocking the choices in the Keep) to authorize un-played/un-purchased DLC, we should keep it to ourselves.  (Oh, right.  Too late. Angel )

Message 6 of 22 (1,580 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

"Woot!" indeed!  If that hak works (unlocking the choices in the Keep) to authorize un-played/un-purchased DLC, we should keep it to ourselves.  (Oh, right.  Too late. Angel )

Probably just a "Hoax" i haven't actually tested it yet, might also actually just be some DLC i do own, because i couldn't find the "Legacy" in there, but i am of course going to test it.

I guess it also doesn't matter much, since the developers as you said, don't look or take this forum seriously anyway. :eahigh_file:

If you want it confirmed, then you need to give me a screenshot of your DLC section ingame and so i can see all the DLC unlocks down and i will confirm it quickly.

I guess you also have to show me in game, how it looks like with the DLC in very obvious ways so i can see if i have the same changes in my game or not, or actually missing stuff anyway.

Probably me thats on a edge here, so don't take my word officially for it "yet".

Message 7 of 22 (1,576 Views)

★ Apprentice
You will need to make a absolutely new game from scratch for us to test it.
Message 8 of 22 (1,575 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Is it me or did it die with you when "you" had to lift a finger to check something? Wow... amazing volunteer work dude... Thanks for being a simple cynical commenter and apparently nothing els. Tongue out

Doesn't matter anyway anymore, i have just purchased the Dragon Age 2 DLC pack, with a 20% discount! Party hat

Something that, as i recall, i was told about which probably would never happen..., but it did! (Take that, In your faces.) :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 22 (1,417 Views)

THEY PUT DLC PACK ON SALE??!!??!!???!!!  Better play it while you can, the world is coming to an end.......

Large smile

Glad something worked out for you, as the keep has become a bit more of a PItA with every "upgrade" to it....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 10 of 22 (1,408 Views)