Dragon Age Keep not loading genders

by MissElvora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Keep not loading genders

★★★★ Novice

Hello, 

I've tried to restart my DAI game a few times now, each time checking that my gender for Hawke was correct in the Keep. Everything seems to be in order, but when I speak to Varric at Haven, he is still referring to Hawke as a "guy" despite the story choices seeming to be the same (he mentions Carver instead of Bethany). I'm extremely frustrated at this point and I don't know how to fix this.

Message 1 of 7 (498 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Keep not loading genders

I don't know mods so I have no clue if they conflict...you would have to check the mod pages and see or maybe on of the other members of the forum knows them better. 

It has been awhile since I have really paid attention to my import data enough to know what convos validate the import. 

As a note, your Hawk will NOT look exactly like they were in DA2 since they changed engines and you will have to recreate as close as you can your Hawk in DAI...or just do the default and move on.

There is also every chance that most of your choices did import but a glitch happened and only your Hawk or Hawk and a few choices are effected. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (409 Views)

All Replies

1)  Does the keep show your female Hawk as the tapestry set to export??  Green check mark on the upper right corner of the screen on the monitor icon?? 

2)  When you click on that icon does it open box showing the export and is the info inside correct??

3)  When starting a game, does it show a successful import of the data from the Keep??

4)  Are you 110% sure your Keep login and the game/Origin login are for the same account??

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 7 (473 Views)

★★★★ Novice

1) Yes, it shows female Hawk. There is also a green check mark. 

2) Yes

3) Yes, its the correct time and date stamp for the import. 

4) I am sure

Message 3 of 7 (464 Views)

Looks like you are playing a mage in DA2, so you should have Carver instead of Bethany, simply because she dies if you play a mage, and lives if you play a different class.  If it says you imported and the numbers match, then I can guess at a few things but nothing stands out as obvious.

Mods??  Repair install??  Try the game a bit further and see if everything else seems to match??  Yeah, last one isn't ideal since you may get all the way to meeting Hawk and poof, he is a guy instead of your character.  Could be a pure glitch in your system and I don't know...But do try the repair function.

Message 4 of 7 (442 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I chose to play without mods because I wanted Hawke to appear in DAI the same as she is in DA2.

Is there any other dialogue in DAI that I can test to see if the import worked?

Message 5 of 7 (435 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am using quite a few DAI mods though. 

Message 6 of 7 (430 Views)

I don't know mods so I have no clue if they conflict...you would have to check the mod pages and see or maybe on of the other members of the forum knows them better. 

It has been awhile since I have really paid attention to my import data enough to know what convos validate the import. 

As a note, your Hawk will NOT look exactly like they were in DA2 since they changed engines and you will have to recreate as close as you can your Hawk in DAI...or just do the default and move on.

There is also every chance that most of your choices did import but a glitch happened and only your Hawk or Hawk and a few choices are effected. 

Message 7 of 7 (410 Views)