Re: Dragon Age Keep, Tapestry ruined, can't reset Career?

by Rawex

Original Post

Actually, not meeting them IS the same as not having or basically ignoring the dlc. The only way to not meet tallies is to not do the dlc. So if you didnt own mark of assasin, the import would just automatically set didn't meet. Same for the other, the only difference is YOU know about it versus being hidden from YOU. it will not change the characters at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 11 of 17 (512 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

You know you can CHANGE the choices that are currently selected, right?

Yes, yes of course, don't you read, how can i make the responses that i already made without knowing that, right?

Lets see, Tapestry, DA2, Legacy, choices!

Sided with Larius or Found Malcolm's will?

1. Lets do as you suggests and ignore it, OH we got lucky, it picked Sided with Larius!!! (I never been there or sided with him... what a story breaker?)

2. Lets CHANGE the choice into WHAT? Found Malcom's will??? (Another thing that i have never seen or heard of.)

I NEED TO PICK 1 of the 2, which one??? Close my eyes and choose a side?? This will still have a ever lasting effect in my DAI game, that i shouldn't have since i never ever done the LEGACY DLC!?

Why be a volunteer helper, when you a in fact doing the exact opposite, what kind of response is that you gave me here in the end, but absolutely pointless? Couldn't you at least do something that would be a little helpful?

Message 12 of 17 (511 Views)

★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport wrote:
Actually, not meeting them IS the same as not having or basically ignoring the dlc. The only way to not meet tallies is to not do the dlc. So if you didnt own mark of assasin, the import would just automatically set didn't meet. Same for the other, the only difference is YOU know about it versus being hidden from YOU. it will not change the characters at all.

See, this was a informative and useful response, thank you! (Compared to, whatever his called.)

In this case.

Are you absolutely sure mcsupersport? If you check my latest response and explanation, concerning about the Legacy DLC in DA2, how would it react in that situation, because it seems in a way that it contradicts against what you are saying right now. Confused

Message 13 of 17 (506 Views)

As far as legacy goes, I don't know if it changes much or at least in dai. Like I said though choices in legacy HAVE to be made, simply because that dlc is about the main bad guy in dai and how he gets out. If that dlc doesn't happen in you world, then basically dai can't happen. I don't know how much flavor to the world the legacy choices give, sorry but you need to make some....and I will say, the legacy dlc is probably one of the best of dragon age....and definitely best part of da2.
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 14 of 17 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport wrote:
As far as legacy goes, I don't know if it changes much or at least in dai. Like I said though choices in legacy HAVE to be made, simply because that dlc is about the main bad guy in dai and how he gets out. If that dlc doesn't happen in you world, then basically dai can't happen. I don't know how much flavor to the world the legacy choices give, sorry but you need to make some....and I will say, the legacy dlc is probably one of the best of dragon age....and definitely best part of da2.

I own all DLC for Dragon Age 1 and have for years even before the complete package came out, which i also bought.

I haven't been able to get the Dragon Age 2 DLC, cause things have been going down hill and i have seen EA have announced a full DLC package for DA2, which i will be getting when it's on some kind of discount that i find appealing.

Would it be possible for me to get a hold of EA support, when they got their support page up and going again, to help me reset the damage i have done? In this case, at least the game would be running with my previous choices and on default with the ones i didn't have in DLC for in DA2. 

I feel very sad over the fact that i have to make a choice now, between something i have absolutely no idea about. Devil

Before it was blacked out, meaning i had no clue what kind of effect was chosen when i was playing in DAI.

(I think the best option at this point, would probably be getting hold of support and get them to explain to me what the effect was before and is now and how the game reacts on it.)

Message 15 of 17 (490 Views)

I see the full price on Origin for me is 24.99 for DLC bundle.  It is a decent deal, but if you can want to wait, they may put it on sale....sometimes DLC is rare to go on sale, unless it is some sort of store wide or game title specific, such as all DA stuff on sale for the launch of the next game or some such.  What is sad for me to see, is they took all the complaints people had about DA2, and did a really good job correcting them in the DLC.  Legacy is a great dlc, and really shows what DA2 could have been.  Mark of the Assassin is also very good, but I like Legacy better.

Get them when you can, and good luck with Tech support. I don't know if they can help you, or if they even know the answers.  Most of what you are having issues with is all in your mind....which in this case, is as it should be since it effects you, but other people will not understand, you want YOUR game, not something someone else created.  It will not matter to all, but it does matter to you.

Good luck.  Post if you have any more issues or questions, I am usually around.

Message 16 of 17 (3,298 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
If you have never played the "Legacy" or "Mark of the Assassin" DLC, or manually set their choices in the Keep, then your DAI world-state will *automatically* contain the defaults (as determined by the devs) for those plot flags.

Just as even if you had *never* played DA2, there would be a default Champion of Kirkwall. And if you had never played DAO, there would still be a Hero of Ferelden to whom the King (and the default monarch is indeed male) of Ferelden and Arl Tegan would refer in DAI.
Message 17 of 17 (435 Views)