Dragon Age Keep, Tapestry ruined, can't reset Career?

by Rawex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Keep, Tapestry ruined, can't reset Career?

★ Apprentice

Hello, EA and kind souls

It seems i have ruined my whole Dragon Age Keep Tapestry by being stupid enough to go into my career section and unlock everything i could, thinking to see what would happen and what the effect would be, while at the same time, ignorantly thinking that i could always reset it back and sync my career settings back to my old current game files again.

Well it turns out to be a permanent effect i can't undo and my whole Dragon Age Tapestry as taken the effect that spots and places where i haven't been and DLC i don't own has been automatically selected for both my DA1-DA2-DAI, luckily in DAI it still says "hidden" on stuff i haven't done, but in DA2, where i don't own a single piece of DLC for the DA2 game yet, has just selected everything on auto, instead of actually leaving it "hidden" "haven't done", so now it looks like i have completed DLC parts i never have touched before.

I know this will have a negative effect on my DAI game and i would very very very much like to undo or get help to get this undone.

I never in my life thought this were a permanent effect, am i entirely and fully screwed now with my Dragon Age Keep?

Kind regards, and many thanks in advance for your time and help. =)

(P.S. I am very unsure if this should have a spoiler tag or not, but i don't believe it should, so for now i will leave it as not being a spoiler post.)

Message 1 of 17 (2,932 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Keep, Tapestry ruined, can't reset Career?

I see the full price on Origin for me is 24.99 for DLC bundle.  It is a decent deal, but if you can want to wait, they may put it on sale....sometimes DLC is rare to go on sale, unless it is some sort of store wide or game title specific, such as all DA stuff on sale for the launch of the next game or some such.  What is sad for me to see, is they took all the complaints people had about DA2, and did a really good job correcting them in the DLC.  Legacy is a great dlc, and really shows what DA2 could have been.  Mark of the Assassin is also very good, but I like Legacy better.

Get them when you can, and good luck with Tech support. I don't know if they can help you, or if they even know the answers.  Most of what you are having issues with is all in your mind....which in this case, is as it should be since it effects you, but other people will not understand, you want YOUR game, not something someone else created.  It will not matter to all, but it does matter to you.

Good luck.  Post if you have any more issues or questions, I am usually around.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 16 of 17 (3,291 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@Rawex You can have multiple world states, they only have an effect on your DAI game when you upload them and import them into DAI when starting a new game. The keep does not import anything from the previous DA games, all those decisions have to be put into the tapestry by you (or they will remain on the default selections). Anything you put in to the tapestry about DAI will have no effect on DAI. 

I recommend taking a look at this sticky to get a better idea of what the Keep does and how it works. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 17 (2,913 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Leora85 wrote:

@Rawex You can have multiple world states, they only have an effect on your DAI game when you upload them and import them into DAI when starting a new game. The keep does not import anything from the previous DA games, all those decisions have to be put into the tapestry by you (or they will remain on the default selections). Anything you put in to the tapestry about DAI will have no effect on DAI. 

I recommend taking a look at this sticky to get a better idea of what the Keep does and how it works. Standard smile

Yes exactly, we are talking about of course always uploading and importing the world states into DAI upon starting a new game.

I know that those decisions have to put into the tapestry by me and thats where the issue is now, that it does fill these automatically out in DA1 and DA2 without my choosing and it does also fill in at those DLC packs i do not own, its not an issue with DA1 since i own and played everything, but in DA2 i don't have a single piece of DLC "yet", but it still chooses decisions that i have never made in DA2 at those DLC spots.

This is a huge issue when i want to create a new world state, or use an "old" world state, i've tried and there is no possible way for me to choose or create a new world state where it does not input made decisions at DLC places in the tapestry.

Before i did this, my DA2 had "hidden" black spaces at those spots that now have put in a choice i can't remove, forcing me to "pick" one, but thats hard for me since i have never been in that situation in game, making it extremely odd for me.

The whole point of me using the Dragon Age Keep, is of that sole reason that "i do not wish to have it set on default", but rather on my previous experiences throughout DA1 and DA2. (Which does not include any DLC experiences in DA2.)

I appreciate your response very much and thanks for taking the time to help me with this and i have ofcourse been by the Tutorials and How To sections. =)

Message 3 of 17 (2,909 Views)

The only DLC I saw on the keep, when I just looked at it, that can't be set to not happening, is Legacy.  The reason for this is that Legacy is basically Cannon happening due to the story of DA:I.  Basically your Hawk HAS to do Legacy or much/all of DAI doesn't make sense, so it will always be set on the tapestry.  The other story DLC is Mark of the Assassin, and you have the option to set it that you never met the character, if you go into DA2, companions window, then the question of Did you make Tallis angry, and you have basically yes, no and never met her...which would be you didn't do/have dlc.  You also have the option to set didn't recruit Sebastian on same screen(companions)  That is all you have to do, and the why you HAVE to have choices for Legacy.

So if the issue is Legacy DLC for DA2, then the reason is DAI, and thus it has to happen.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 4 of 17 (2,889 Views)

★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport wrote:

The only DLC I saw on the keep, when I just looked at it, that can't be set to not happening, is Legacy.  The reason for this is that Legacy is basically Cannon happening due to the story of DA:I.  Basically your Hawk HAS to do Legacy or much/all of DAI doesn't make sense, so it will always be set on the tapestry.  The other story DLC is Mark of the Assassin, and you have the option to set it that you never met the character, if you go into DA2, companions window, then the question of Did you make Tallis angry, and you have basically yes, no and never met her...which would be you didn't do/have dlc.  You also have the option to set didn't recruit Sebastian on same screen(companions)  That is all you have to do, and the why you HAVE to have choices for Legacy.

So if the issue is Legacy DLC for DA2, then the reason is DAI, and thus it has to happen.

What mostly confuses me is that before i did this horribly stupid mistake of unlocking these things in my career option, then these options were not there at all and by that i mean it had a "black space" in the tapestry saying "hidden" while now, like you said, i have to choose, then i never met the character from Legacy or Mark of the Assassin and that in itself seems like a story effecting factor in my game i would say.

Never met the character, would mean i passed by him or ignored him, but before the option was greyed/blacked out, resulting in a different approach of me never having the chance of meeting or completing those quests, by not having or missing the DLC in my game upon completion. 

I guess i am a bit frustrated over why this "unlocking" effect has to be permanent with no chance of resetting it or starting the career over with doing a new sync of all previous game saves and completions and i very much hope that EA employés will be able to undo my mistake. Confused

Beside that, thanks a lot for a very informative response! If everything fails i can at least use your guide to somewhat correct my experience a little. (Still very sad over what i have done.)

Message 5 of 17 (2,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You chose to "unlock", now it's "unlocked".  That's on you. No one forced you to metagame the options.

That said, you can tailor your world-state to be exactly what you want and then designate that as the one to import to DA:I.  What's the problem?

Message 6 of 17 (2,876 Views)

★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

You chose to "unlock", now it's "unlocked".  That's on you. No one forced you to metagame the options.

That said, you can tailor your world-state to be exactly what you want and then designate that as the one to import to DA:I.  What's the problem?

Try and read and maybe you will figure out what the problem is, i am not going to "re-explain" just for you, cause you're too lazy to read, sorry, that was absolutely no help you gave me, actually quite the opposite. Shocked

Message 7 of 17 (2,865 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I did "re-read", and my advice is still valid.  Create a world-state that has the choices you want, ignoring the ability to choose ones you hadn't actually seen/done in your playthrough(s).  Set that world-state to be imported to DAI.  Problem solved.

Message 8 of 17 (2,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

I did "re-read", and my advice is still valid.  Create a world-state that has the choices you want, ignoring the ability to choose ones you hadn't actually seen/done in your playthrough(s).  Set that world-state to be imported to DAI.  Problem solved.

"ignoring the ability to choose ones you hadn't actually seen/done in your playthrough(s)."

Then it still automatically picks a choice, giving a effect into my imported world-state in my DAI game, so that actually only worsen the problem, not solving it...

(As i already stated before, so i am repeating myself right now to you, thanks for your help ThandalNLyman, but thats no help..)

Message 9 of 17 (2,843 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You know you can CHANGE the choices that are currently selected, right?

Message 10 of 17 (2,836 Views)