Dragon Age Keep: Broken once again?!

by Tonakis17

Original Post

Dragon Age Keep: "Oops, an error occurred"

★★★ Newbie

I keep seeing this message. I was able to access the keep earlier today via mobile phone, but it seems to completely stonewall me now. Prior to this I've just logged in to my account on Dragon Age Origins and 2 so that the save files could be uploaded.

Would be nice if I could get an little explanation as to what is going wrong.

Message 10 of 375 (4,588 Views)

Dragon age keep down

★★★★★ Newbie

I cant use dragon age keep :/ can you help me?

Message 11 of 375 (4,581 Views)

Betreff: Dragon Age Keep "Oops an Error Occurred"

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, also on different devices with different browsers (cookies enabled). The only information you can find on Twitter account of Dragon Age Keep is from November 2017. It's crazy that the people at EA don't seem to realize that Dragon Age Keep doesn't work anymore, despite the many posts here.

Message 12 of 375 (4,653 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Keep "Oops an Error Occurred"

★★★★ Novice

Me too. Frown i hope they fix this soon

Message 13 of 375 (4,618 Views)

Dragon Age: Keep "Oops, an error occurred"

★★★ Novice

I have encountered an issue with the Dragon Age: Keep website where I cannot access my Tapestry to edit choices, or escape the loop of infinite error boxes to access other tabs of the site. In what I assume is a related problem, I also cannot import previous World-states to Dragon Age: Inquisition on PS4. Hopefully this issue can be addressed for everyone with the same problem as well soon.

Message 14 of 375 (2,835 Views)

Oops, an error has occurred - still an issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This response was recently marked by EA as spam, a most ludicrous and audacious deception if ever there was one. It makes them look bad so they decide to delete it? This post was in response to another topic regarding the "Oops, an error has occurred"  problem on the Dragon Age Keep site and the disappearance of the golden nug, etc. There is nothing resembling spam in this post and I'm incredulous to have had it deleted for no reason whatsoever. I am screenshotting this, by the way.

My original post:

I am having the same problems. The "Oops, an error has occurred" message and the disappearance of the golden nug on my PlayStation 4 version of the game. There is one playthrough where the nug appears, however, when I try to use it I get the message that the synchronization attempt failed because I am not connected to the Dragon Age servers, which is false, because I most certainly AM connected.

I have contacted EA customer service support twice regarding the matter to no avail and while I am relieved to find that the problem is not on my end I am annoyed and disheartened to see that EA is not proving up to the task of maintaining their servers. This is why you do not tie basic functions of a game to an internet account - it's silly. When I buy a console game, I shouldn't need to be synced with an online account to get the previous data from past playthroughs. Inquisition doesn't even allow you to keep your previous levels and items earned, it just carries over armor and weapons schematics, and for THAT it requires you to be synced with an internet account? It's absurd. It's nonsensical. Like other single player RPGs it should just read the data of my previous saves and react accordingly, as so many other games do.

I get that EA likes playing around with the internet, but there is such a thing as being needlessly complicated. There is no reason for this, no purpose. I should not need a constant internet connection to access the basic features of a single player console game, for anything other than an mmo, in fact. Once the game is downloaded that should be the end of the matter. While the internet may be needed for things like DLC, it should NOT be necessary to carry information from previous playthroughs, it should NOT be necessary to access basic functions of the game. I cannot stress this enough. Come now, EA, get your act together.

With all that said I would just like to point out that the customer service representatives themselves were very kind and eager to help. I've naught but good to say about THEM. My condemnation is reserved for EA itself, for the ones calling the shots and designing these redundant, unnecessarily complicated functions - the ones responsible for this whole debacle. It is not the fault of their customer service, I must stress this again, who really tried very hard to help me.

Message 15 of 375 (2,823 Views)

dragon age keep not loading?

★ Novice

Hi!

Ive recently restarted my game for dragon age inquisition, and I went to sign in to my dragon age keep account, but when I did--it kept saying 'Oops, and error occurred, please refresh and retry.'

Does anyone know why this is happening? My internet is connecting to everything perfectly fine; and I really want to import my account into the game.

Thank you for the help!

Message 16 of 375 (2,815 Views)

★★★ Novice

Never just look at the Tweets, always look at Tweets and replies on twitter.  They have a few replies dating Jan. and March of this year as well 2 times in Dec. of last year.  I'm just surprised this is still a thing since the release of the game.  If I remember correctly this is pretty much the only "bug" for the inquisition game, which is a bit frustrating if you're like me and play it multiple times with different outcomes/classes as well "background story" of the previous games.  Personally I hope they don't keep this for the upcoming dragon age game it was much easier to just import a saved file of a previous game, less headache for us players and I bet for the devs.

Message 17 of 375 (2,834 Views)

dragon age keep "oops an error occurred"

★★★ Novice

As of a week ago, Dragon Age Keep has been showing me the "oops an error occurred" in the Tapestry, now it is doing it when I go into the World States. Can this please be fixed?

Message 18 of 375 (2,810 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just checked up on the Keep and to my surprise it loaded back up! I am on mobile so I dont know if it's only mobile or if it's working across all platforms and browsers.

Get out there and close the breach!

Message 19 of 375 (5,803 Views)