Re: Dragon Age Insquisition runs extremely slowly

by piktoonis

Original Post

Dragon Age Insquisition runs exteremely slow

★ Novice

Dragon Age Inquisition runs so slow to the point where the game is unplayable. I've checked 'disable Origins in game'. I've tried 'repair game', None of it helped. I have a newer laptop, an HP Envy, which is basically a gaming laptop, so I don't think it's my computer. Also, I've never had this problem with any other game on my laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 9 (823 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Insquisition runs exteremely slow

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Grigdog1030 What are your hardware specs?

You could give us a detailed overview of your PC hardware by posting a DXdiag report. here are the instructions:

1.  Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
2.  You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
3.  Type dxdiag in the text field
4.  Click OK
5.  If your computer has a 64-bit version of Windows, click the button Run 64-bit DXDIAG (see screenshot below)
6.  If your computer has a 32-bit version of Windows, that button will not be available

7.  Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
8.  Save this text file to your Desktop if possible
9. Open the text file, select all the text inside (Ctrl + A) and copy it (Ctrl +C).
10. Go to http://hastebin.com/, paste the contents of your DXDiag inside (Ctrl+V) and click Save on the webpage (Ctrl+S).
11. Copy the link of the page in your post, along with a precise description of your issue.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 9 (789 Views)

★ Novice

http://hastebin.com/otojaqavuk.tex

Dragon Age Inquisiton runs in very slow motion. Dialogue and music skips and stutters. The game runs in an unplayable state.

Message 3 of 9 (757 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Grigdog1030 wrote:

Dragon Age Inquisiton runs in very slow motion. Dialogue and music skips and stutters. The game runs in an unplayable state.

Of course it runs slowly.  You attempted to play without paying attention to the requirements, with too slow of a CPU, and an even more miserable video device than the minimum, without even trying to upgrade your middle-aged graphics drivers, at a screen resolution greatly beyond the level that low end hardware of that nature can support.

Processor: AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Native Mode: 1600 x 900(p) (60.000Hz)
Driver Date/Size: 9/7/2014 17:04:14, 1329864 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes

From the official Dragon Age website, the requirements are:

Minimum PC Specs

CPU: AMD quad-core CPU @2.5 GHz @/ Intel quad-core CPU @2.0 GHz
System RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 4870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Graphics Card Memory: 512 MB
Hard Drive Space: 26 GB
DirectX 10

Message 4 of 9 (742 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I use i5 2410m 2.3ghz which is similar to AMD A8-6410. Try setting everything on low, if performance improves, try experimenting with better settings. Also, 4GB RAM is minimum, but you better get 4GB more as loading times for me were horrible until i upgraded.

Message 5 of 9 (736 Views)

Hero

@Grigdog1030 wrote:

Dragon Age Inquisition is a pretty demanding game. I would classify your PC as an office laptop, not a gaming laptop.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 9 (724 Views)

★ Novice
So is there any way I can fix this? I've looked under graphics drivers updates under the HP website, and the only one they have available for my laptop is from 2012.
Message 7 of 9 (671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

You can always expect the OEM to be way behind that way.  The correct source is AMD.  However, drivers cannot turn a tortoise into a hare.  Since it's a laptop (same is true of an All in One), you are out of luck with that slow hardware.  Desktops can be upgraded with a new gaming quality video graphics card, and matching power supply. 

Message 8 of 9 (669 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Apprentice

Download drivers from amd site. If i used drivers from acer site only, i won't be able to launch DAI at all.

Message 9 of 9 (634 Views)