Re: Dragon Age Inqusition Installation Error

by MissElvora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inqusition Installation Error

★★★★ Novice

I've been attempting to download Dragon Age Inquisition all night. The download seems to progress fine until it gets to the end where it attempts to finalize and presents me with the following error.

Error: The VC ++ runtime redistribute package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (110)

I've tried to troubleshoot this on my own but any forums I find that seem to present a similar issue don't have the same ending number, and therefore the solutions don't work. I've tried reinstalling the security procedures (D:\Origin\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc) and that didn't work. 

I'm trying to install the game onto an external hard drive if that's any help.

I've also attached a picture of all the VC ++ versions I have downloaded on my computer.

Thank you

Message 1 of 6 (826 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

A friend if mine actually figured it out for me. For some reason the game doesnt install the correct 2008 vcredist. He told me to copy the ones from the 2010 folder and past them into the 2008 one, overriding the previous files. After that the game worked normally. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (761 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

Open origins as administrator, it will install corectly,,

Message 2 of 6 (807 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've already tried this, unfortunately. Even tried editing the files compatibility to set to always open as if it was run by admin.

Message 3 of 6 (799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also for further clarification, I've gone into each VC folder to install the redist files. The only one that won't work is the 2008 one.

Message 4 of 6 (794 Views)

★ Apprentice

Uninstall the game, put origins as admin and install the game back, If you not in admin the VC you try install will not install , the VC AND the game have to be installed in admin mode. but im pretty sure after uninstall/reinstall the game through origins  IN ADMIN MODE evrything will work good.

Message 5 of 6 (773 Views)

★★★★ Novice

A friend if mine actually figured it out for me. For some reason the game doesnt install the correct 2008 vcredist. He told me to copy the ones from the 2010 folder and past them into the 2008 one, overriding the previous files. After that the game worked normally. 

Message 6 of 6 (762 Views)