Dragon Age Inquition: you have been disconnected from the session

by crazybabyduck

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquition: you have been disconnected from the session

★★★ Newbie

Hello

Since this Morning, I have a problem with Dragon Age Inquisition. Each time I began to play my game, it stopped after 30 seconds and show me the message: you have been disconnected from the session. I'm not playing on multiplayer, so I tried playing on the offline mode and it didn't work. I tried to deactivate my firewall, then I made sure the game and origin were in my authorized programs. Then I tried uninstalling and installing origin again, I tried repairing the game and even playing on another laptop did Nothing, I still can't play more than 30 seconds and I still have the same message.

I already saw that a lot of people had this problem, but none of the solutions worked and I still don't know where the problem comes from. Is it my connection? (I'm with free by the way.) Does it come from origin? From the game itself? From the synchronization with the cloud? I have a new laptop with Windows 10 could it be that? (even tho I played for days without problems)

Please, if someone knows what to do help me. I had this game for more than two years and it has worked perfectly fine until now and I don't understand.

I'm waiting for your responses.

(I'm not English so sorry if there are errors)

Message 1 of 3 (1,563 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquition: you have been disconnected from the session

★★★ Newbie

I tried and at first it didn't work, but I think I found a solution! I tried playing with another of my characters, and everything worked perfectly fine, so I figured that the problem came from the saves files.

So here is what I did:

In the folder where all the save files of the game are (Mine is here: C:UserscrazyDocumentsBioWareDragon Age Inquisition) I cut/past all the files dating from today (when the problem began) in another folder.

I tried playing the game (with the Cloud Saves/backup for DAI in Origin disabled just in case) and everything worked! I had a bit of my progression in the game, but hey, now I can play again so it's no big deal.

Thank you for helping !

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,728 Views)

All Replies

Try disabling Cloud Saves/backup for DAI in Origin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 3 (1,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I tried and at first it didn't work, but I think I found a solution! I tried playing with another of my characters, and everything worked perfectly fine, so I figured that the problem came from the saves files.

So here is what I did:

In the folder where all the save files of the game are (Mine is here: C:UserscrazyDocumentsBioWareDragon Age Inquisition) I cut/past all the files dating from today (when the problem began) in another folder.

I tried playing the game (with the Cloud Saves/backup for DAI in Origin disabled just in case) and everything worked! I had a bit of my progression in the game, but hey, now I can play again so it's no big deal.

Thank you for helping !

Message 3 of 3 (1,729 Views)