Dragon Age Inquistion

by anoyo

Original Post

Re: Upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

So that first link, it shows the 360 Inquisitor Edition as not available when you try to access it ?

Message 21 of 47 (904 Views)

Re: Upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, Gamestop is the only one selling the Inquisitor's Edition (a very bad decision for a lot of people as Gamestop is only active in very few countries, and they don't ship internationally). So if the 360 version is not (or no longer) available from Gamestop in the US, then that means it's not available to you, period. There are no other options (unless you know someone in the UK who can buy the UK version and ship it to you - as Gamestop won't), or unless you count Ebay as an option...

I did a quick check on some other forums, and apparently the Xbox 360 version *was* available in the US, but each store was only assigned 1 to 3 copies, which were all sold out within 30 minutes after the announcement of the IE went up.

And just in case... here's a link to the UK version

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/Xbox%20360/Games/46110/dragon-age-inquisition-collectors-edition

PS: note that I'm just a regular (disappointed) user like yourself... I don't work for Bioware or EA, so I have no inside information on this either.

Message 22 of 47 (898 Views)

Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Edition

★★★ Newbie

Im strongly considering buying this edition for PS4 at Gamestop, but i wanted to know first is the faux reptile skin box everything comes in made out of cardboard or wood?

Message 23 of 47 (873 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor Edition

Community Manager

@ShumaHaynes Hi,

I believe our last boxes were cardboard, but we haven't announced yet what is happening with the Dragon Age Inquisitors Edition. As soon as I hear anything, I will let you know.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 24 of 47 (857 Views)

Dragon Age: Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition (for PC, obviously.)

★★★ Novice

...so, that Inquisitor's Edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition looks rather nice.

But there doesn't seem to be a way to buy it unless you live in USA.

Apparently it's only sold by a company called "Gamestop". And they don't ship overseas. That seems to be a bit odd. Aren't you guys interested in making money?

Also, your question form is broken. It is impossible to ask any questions that aren't already defined, unless you want to chat with someone. Or worse, call them. And I don't. Want to chat or speak on the phone, that is.

I do want to buy the collector's edition of that game, however. So, are you planning on selling it in Europe eventually? Or do I need to ask an American friend to ship it to me? Because that's rather a bother....

Message 25 of 47 (826 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition (for PC, obviously.)

★★★★ Apprentice

That game seems to be nice. I am looking for it too. You can  pre-order this game from origin online store for digital downlaod from any country(?).

Its available as Standard and Digital Deluxe edition.  :robotvery-happy:

Message 26 of 47 (824 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I saw that. But I am a collector. I like my big shiny boxes and "exclusive" trinkets.

...which in this case means the Inquisitor's Edition.

And that seems to be unobtainable outside of USA.

Message 27 of 47 (819 Views)

Community Manager

@bunnytrooper We don't have any news regarding that yet, but it has been noted. I will let you know when I receive an update.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 28 of 47 (810 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, here's a little update with what I've learned so far:

* EA decided not to release a physical Deluxe Edition for PC in Europe and Australia. You can get the physical standard edition, but not the deluxe edition. And it is extremely unlikely that this will change.You can order a digital deluxe edition through Origin, but not a physical one. If you really want the physical deluxe edition, you will have to order it from the US (eg Amazon).

* The Inquisitor's Edition for PC is now available in most of the European countries that have a Gamestop (also thanks to Bioware's Mark Darrah). This includes the Scandinavian countries, Austria and Germany (stores only, you can't order it online), Italy, and the UK (online only, as there are no Gamestop stores in the UK anymore).

But as Gamestop is the exclusive retailer for this edition, and Gamestop does not ship internationally, everyone living in a country where there is no Gamestop is just SOL (this includes Belgium, Netherlands, Greece, France (yes, Micromania won't have it, even though they are a Gamestop affiliate!), etc).

* The PC version of the Inquisitor's Edition as released in Europe and Australia does NOT include the (digital) deluxe bonus content (the one released in the US *does*). Because of that, the price is slightly lower than the IE for console versions. Bioware will probably offer a digital upgrade option (for sale) to get access to this content, at some point in the future.

So to confirm... I'm not going to buy Dragon Age Inquisition... at all! This whole affair makes me feel like a second rate customer - even though I'd love to buy this game and support Bioware, EA made it very clear that they do not care what their customers want, so I feel EA does not deserve to get my money.

So EA, next time, if you have problems collecting enough money for a certain version of the game, instead of giving exclusivity to a company that is only available in very few countries, please just put it up on kickstarter or something like that. The IE would easily have collected enough money there, and that way, it would have been available to people everywhere in the world.

Message 29 of 47 (799 Views)

Pre-Ordering Dragon Age Inquisition

★★★ Newbie

I want to buy The Dragon Age Inquisitors Deluxe Editon for PC.

1.  How many GB will it be roughly?  I have to pay $180 AU per 12Gb for Internet due to my location, so I will need to buy the requisite prepaid credit before downloading.

2.  Is it possible to get the Digital Deluxe Edition content on disc instead of download (as you can see the costs otherwise are astronomical) I'm happy to pay postage costs

3.  Does the Inquisitors Edition (the one with case and other paraphenalia I don't  want) come with all the same additional content as the Digital Deluxe Edition?

4. Why doesn't the home site for DA:I have a "contact us" section where I could appropriately direct these questions?

5. There was no DA:I "Location" tag I could put this under.

Thank you,

Hope to hear from you soon

Message 30 of 47 (778 Views)