Dragon Age Inquistion

by anoyo

Original Post

Re: Dragon age Inquisition PC avaliable date for preorder UK

★★★★ Novice

Apparently the CE is also available in Australia, though the Australians get the standard edition box in it, instead of the deluxe edition box (as EA/Gamestop don't publish the deluxe edition in Australia).

In Europe, there are conflicting signals going around. Several Gamestop retailers/support people have told customers, upon inquiry, that they will not have this item (the CE for PC) in stock.

Then some people in the UK have heard (from other people at Gamestop) that it will apparently be available, but later (to be released in November).

And then there's the people in regions where there is no Gamestop (such as BeNeLux), who haven't heard anything, as EA/Bioware refuse to reply.

For me, it's simple... even though I really look forward to this game, I am not going to buy it if we are treated this way by EA. I'd much rather give my money to a company that *does* listen to its customers, such as CD Projekt (The Witcher 3 CE!)

Message 11 of 47 (886 Views)

★ Novice

I found an article today, which was dated back to May 15th, that spoke about the PC's CE in the UK: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-05-13-dragon-age-inquisition-collectors-edition-is-only-USD17...

" It turns out, too, that there's no PC version available in Europe. Dragon Age executive producer Mark Darrah referenced this on Twitter.

"We are aware that there is currently no PC uber edition available in Europe. We are working on it now. Sorry this happened," he wrote. "

Im going to assume he's refering to the CE when he says uber edition. Its somewhat reasuring that bioware has came out with this, but i cant help but wonder why it hasent been corrected given that it has been a month since this was posted.

Message 12 of 47 (875 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, nothing has been heard from Bioware or EA on this issue since that twitter statement on May 15. Which I definitely do not consider a good sign...

Message 13 of 47 (873 Views)

★★★★ Novice

on Twitter:

Mark Darrah @BioMarkDarrah
> We are aware that there is currently no PC uber edition available in Europe. We are working on it now. Sorry this happened - 15 May

Banzai Tree @BanzaiTree
> @BioMarkDarrah Still no news? Pls let us know when we can expect to get an update on this (for both Gamestop and non-Gamestop EU countries) - 11 Jun

> @BanzaiTree we are waiting on GameStop. Sorry, nothing yet - 02:05 PM - 11 Jun 14

Message 14 of 47 (858 Views)

Community Manager

@Centaur3x Hi,

Thanks for getting the latest info from Mark and sharing it here. Once we hear anything on our end we will get back to you guys in here.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 15 of 47 (845 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, the updates do NOT get any better:

@SG_01 9h
@BioMarkDarrah Is there any word yet on the Inquisitor's Edition for PC in Europe?

@SG_01 unfortunately, it is starting to look like we may not resolve this before we exhaust all inventory. Double check your region

@Couga83 9h
@BioMarkDarrah This must be a really, really bad joke. Just a heavy hit in the gut for the most passionate pc players in the world.

@Couga83 I wish there was more I could do to resolve this.

So I guess this means I will not be buying DA:I at all. I am definitely looking forward to this game, but the only way to get the signal through to EA that this is unacceptable, is by voting with our wallet (and not, as some people do, rewarding them by buying the Digital Deluxe edition instead).

Message 16 of 47 (832 Views)

Upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition

★★★ Newbie

Here is my problem:.  I am a loyal EA customer, who has followed both Dragon Age and Mass Effect since their beginnings.  I am frustrated and kind of ticked off that the new DA Inquisition has an Inquisitor's Edition for the X-Box One, but is not available for the X-Box 360.  What the Heck--DA started on the 360, you promised to include the 360, which I know I can get the "Deluxe Edition" in the 360 platform--which has all the digital in game extras:  but I can't get the super special case with all the extras (that have nothing to do with the actual game play) just because I do not wish to order the game for the  X-Box One?  That is ridiculous.  Shame on you for leaving out part of your fan base.  I am truly discouraged with EA.  And after I forgave you for the end of Mass Effect 3 too!

Message 17 of 47 (826 Views)

Re: Upcoming Dragon Age: Inquisition

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@gizzythemoe

The Inquisitor's Edition IS available for the 360. What country are you in? Is it possible that it's already sold out in your country? As the number of copies per store is apparently very limited!

US: http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/dragon-age-inquisition-inquisitors-edition/115021

DE: http://www.gamestop.de/Xbox%20360/Games/30663/dragon-age-inquisition-inquisitors-edition-gamestop-ex...

(and I'll forgive you for hijacking a thread about the PC version  Wink )

Message 18 of 47 (816 Views)

Community Manager

@Gizzythemoe @Centaur3x Heya,

I actually merged gizzy's post into this thread, as I am trying to keep this board to one thread per game. Dragon Age Inquisition will get its own board later this year of course, but for now we are just collating general questions in here.

Anyway, thanks for your reply Centaur, I hope this will make gizzy happy!

Cheers,

Nils

Message 19 of 47 (812 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for using the wrong thread or whatever, I couldn't find one that fit my situation.  Okay, so I am in the US and evidently Gamestop has the special editon for DA: Inquisistion as unavailable for the 360.  Do you know of any way I can order this--or if it is availbale through someone else for the 360.  Gamestop and I are going to have words if they had it available and I wasn't notified--seeing as I have already pre-purchased the Deluxe Edition outright as soon as I knew if was available.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  BTW it was Gamestop who said you did not offer it for the 360--sorry you were wrongfully accused.

Message 20 of 47 (807 Views)