Re: Dragon Age Inquisitor Trespasser DLC hangs during fight with Saarath

by ncc-1703

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisitor Trespasser DLC hangs during fight with Saarath

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem that during the fight with Saarath, after he gets to about 50% health he jumps and comes back with full health restored. Immediately afterwards the game freezes with a close-up image of Saarath. It seems like a movie clip won't start. This very same problem was described for PS4 in http://forum.bioware.com/topic/562250-trespasser-bugs/?p=19668445. I took the picture from there because it is identical.

Message 1 of 9 (3,107 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

Yes, that did the trick for me. I was able to play through the end after that. Thanks for the tip!

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (3,265 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the exact same issue. It's happened to me twice now. Looks just like that. Has anyone managed to get past this? I know about the Lunge & Slash bug. None of my warriors have that ability active.

Message 2 of 9 (3,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I went back and loaded an earlier save and eventually found one far enough back that worked. I got past it, got all the way to the final fight (I hope?), and it froze again when loading the end of the fight cutscene. I'm going back and trying earlier saves again. Hopefully I'll find one that works. But heads up for anyone still struggling with this. (I'm on a PS4, btw.)

Message 3 of 9 (3,072 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, how far back did you have to go? I hope EA patches this DLC soon. None of the others they released for DA:I had any bugs (that I noticed) and this seems filled with them!

Message 4 of 9 (3,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi! For the first fight, I was still in the Elven ruins, but I had to go back a bit. For the second that I mentioned, I had to go back to right after the first fight. One thing that I did notice the last time: I was using tactical view during the fights, but just before the cutscene kicked in, I turned it off and it played the scene. I don't know if it was going back to the earlier save or turning off the tactical view that did it, but you might give it a shot if you're still having trouble?

Yeah, I'm sure they're working on a patch to put out ASAP. It seems like this one is so buggy that it's practically unplayable for some people, and I'm sure  they don't want that. Hopefully they get it up and running soon!

Message 5 of 9 (3,053 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, that did the trick for me. I was able to play through the end after that. Thanks for the tip!

Message 6 of 9 (3,266 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's great! Hope you enjoyed the end of the game! :D

Message 7 of 9 (3,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

tried turning off tactical view before cut scene triggered - but still froze at same place for me 

Message 8 of 9 (1,223 Views)

EA DICE Team
This is on the older side of time, I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (871 Views)