Re: Dragon Age Inquisition wont start after update

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition wont start after update

★★★★ Novice

I just finished my first playtrough. Then the game wanted to update. So i let it. The update was a failure. After the update the icon on origin that says "Play" became blurred and I could not launch the game. 

I tried the following:

-Restarted origin and PC.

-Disabled origin in game.

-Checked update to beta version.

-Enabled safe download.

-Continually checked for more updates. 

-Tried launching as administrator.

This happened right after the update. I am certain that its not because of hardware or any software changes. The Play button is now in a continuous non responsive state.

I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. 

Who else has encountered this problem? Can someone please help!?

Message 1 of 12 (974 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

I reinstalled the game and it was again playable. Just in case, I disabled automatic updates and I will play offline for my second time. Standard smile

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (762 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I have the same problem and I reported it the day of the update.I know a lot of people have this problem.There has been no hotfix or update for it.I think these guys just dont care.

Message 2 of 12 (958 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Are people from EA actually seeing all these posts? What the hell?

Message 3 of 12 (955 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@ZAKITASHI wrote:

Are people from EA actually seeing all these posts? What the hell?

Do you know where you are?  Answer HQ is a COMMUNITY of gamers.  Official Customer Support remains where it has been since before this place existed, on EA Help Center.  There are some CMs here during working hours five days a week, however, most answers here are from fellow game players, if / when we have anything to offer. 

For instance, many EA games have been affected by a change added to the Origin client that has crippled the in-game overlay.  The easiest fix for most games affected is to disable the Overlay as in-Game, which throws everyone back to single player, but at least lets them play.  That was often needed for older Bioware games, although I cannot immediately recall it affecting this one, and I know it never affected me (but I prefer single player over multi, so if it did occur to me, I wouldn't lose anything).

Message 4 of 12 (941 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm in the same boat as you guys...almost done with my first play through and can no longer launch the game. Was right after the update also. It launches the activation UI, which can be seen in the task manager, but the game never launches and the activation UI will remain active until I force close it. I just want to finish the game Frown

Message 5 of 12 (879 Views)

★★ Novice

same problem

Message 6 of 12 (870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still waiting for a reply from EA after I reported the problem. I fear the only solution might be another update, since gamers have not found a solution as of yet.... Frown

Message 7 of 12 (849 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition doesn't start after update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ZAKITASHI wrote:

Still waiting for a reply from EA after I reported the problem. I fear the only solution might be another update, since gamers have not found a solution as of yet.... Frown

The best way to "report" is to connect to EA Help via the Live Chat and get a dialog started.  If your region offers a free telephone callback option, that is also a good idea.  Anything else is haphazard at best. 

They are at https://help.ea.com/

Message 8 of 12 (845 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Already considered the idea. The call charge is too much for me. :/ 

Message 9 of 12 (807 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check your firewall isn't blocking ActivationUI.exe. Best way is just disable it while you test to see if its the issue. The reason I suggest this is that I have my firewall set to ask what to do whenever a new connection is attempted over the network. DA:I's ActivationUI.exe always asks for permission whenever I start DA:I and sometimes twice in 1 session which suggest to me its part of the copy protection which constantly modifies Activation.exe and thus why it asks for permission every time DA:I starts. I am thinking that your firewalls maybe in panic mode and blocking ActivationUI.exe.

Its worth a shot and would only take a few brief seconds to disable your firewall/AV. You can safely re-enable if it doesnt work.

Message 10 of 12 (773 Views)