Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't start

by Andikachu

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition wouldn't start

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Nocturnalmuggle

Once the test proves where the problem is originating, you have to learn how your AV deals with so-called "exceptions" (some- times called "exclusions"), and block it from interfering the the game's folder, the Origin folder, and the game saves folder.  Then, with the AV you are using, if it is AVG, particularly, any time that program gets any updates, or Origin's client is updated, or the game gets anything new, either a patch or a newly released DLC you want, you probably must re-do all those exceptions. 

Message 271 of 277 (2,696 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did that but every time I turn off my pc it has a update and when I update it the same thing happens. 

Message 272 of 277 (2,495 Views)

@jeandiaz52665

If you have an update that often, it is probably because you are behind on updates...so spend some time making sure your game/computer is updated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 273 of 277 (2,490 Views)

★ Novice

How do i turn off Razor Synapse?

Message 274 of 277 (2,367 Views)

@spudrow2006

Either uninstall the program from control panel if you are using windows, or visit the Razor website for more detailed info on their program.

Most of these type programs also put an icon in the task bar, which you can usually click on to open menus for them and often close the program....but I don't know if this one does, as I haven't ever used a Razor product, seeing the issues from them I have seen here.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 275 of 277 (2,355 Views)

Anonymous

I had to do all the steps above and add an exception into my antivirus. Ran both Origin and DAI as administrators and the game finally started.

Message 276 of 277 (1,621 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Wabizke What the!? That worked for me too! That is ridiculous, but anyway. Thank you so much <3
Message 277 of 277 (939 Views)