Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PS4

by tmtqh8

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PS4

★★★ Newbie

This is very frustrating.  I spent $70 on something taking up space on my HD and it doesn't even open.  When I try to start the game on my PS4 I receive the following:  "An error has occurred in the following application.  (CE-34878-0) Dragon Age:  Inquisition.  Is this going to be fixed or do I need to get my money back?  There seems to be a lot of issues with the game functioning properly throughout the community.  It's a shame since this looks like it could be a great game.

Message 1 of 26 (18,076 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PS4

★★★ Newbie
Dude i called out of work just to play this game today,got the same Ce-34878-0 code after i brought the deluxe digital edition on psn and its pissing me off,i did a whole pros and cons just to see if i get it on my xbox or ps4 and chose my main stay system (ps4) and this is wtf i get???? Bioware needs to get it together already!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 26 (17,989 Views)

★★ Novice

The person I talked with at EA told me to Initialize my PS4.  This erased all my data except for what I saved in my online storage.  Ill update if it fixed my problem.

Message 3 of 26 (17,816 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Did it work natarravenclaw?
Message 4 of 26 (17,732 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same problem. I'm pissed. Bioware, please ?

Message 5 of 26 (17,728 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Hey guys, i've just found a workaround

I uninstalled the game, and then installed only the main game, without the DLCs and updates and it worked, I'll test if installing those contents, one by one, will affect the game again, I'll come here again to update you

Standard smile
Message 6 of 26 (17,701 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you very much. Any news ?

Message 7 of 26 (17,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ledbass : how did you install the game without the updates ? It doesn't work for me Frown

Message 8 of 26 (17,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

You need to uninstall the game, after that, go to library > Dragon Age Inquisition, there you can start the downloads you want, all you need to do is to start the download of the game only, the update file should be added to download automatically, so, right after the download starts, you should go to notifications > downloads and pause the download of the update.

Doing that, all you need to do is to wait for the download and install of the main game.

Here I've installed the last update + multiplayer DLC, since PSN is under maintenance, I couldn't install the Deluxe Edition DLCs at this time, but I think it will work just fine by doing that way, downloading and installing one DLC at time.

If anyone tried this and worked, please, let us know

Standard smile

Message 9 of 26 (17,628 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright finally getting to update.  The answer I found was that if I turned off my PS4's connection to the Internet that the game would launch.  I then Created a Save file and then quit.  After restarting my Ps4 I reconnected it to the internet and once again the started up.  Since then I have had zero problems.  I hope that this helps some of you.

Message 10 of 26 (17,622 Views)