Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PS4

by sokpuppet77

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ok, i bought the digtal version of Dragon Age Deluxe edition. I only get the error when starting the game if i install the game and all de DLC that is included in the deluxe edition. When i install only the game itself (without the extra's) i can start the game. :-(

This is the thx you get when you buy the deluxe version...... 

Message 11 of 26 (7,262 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Installing the addons will cause the game to crash unless the game has fully downloaded.
To check this: Playstation Settings > System Storage Management > Applications > Dragon Age: Inquisition.
It should say on the right that the Download Status : Completed.

Message 12 of 26 (7,247 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope, i downloaded the game first and started it up. I even played for 15 min. After that i downloaded and installed the extra's. After that i couldn't start the game anymore.... :-)

Message 13 of 26 (7,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had exactly the same issue, once I installed the Addons it wouldnt start.
It was only when I looked into the settings etc I noticed it was still downloading in the background.

Message 14 of 26 (7,218 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

@Post_Mortum1984

That's because you began playing when the fast play version of the game completed its download (after about 5.4gb). You have to keep the update file from downloading until the full 45gb version has completed it's download. You'll have to delete the entire file then start the download over. Once you begin the download go into notifications>downloads and pause the update file (I paused the deluxe content as well). After 5.4gb the fast play version will install to your PS and allow you to begin playing. If you open it up to begin playing the update download will start again on its own and you may have to wipe it and start over. I'd suggest waiting for the entire 45gb download to complete before ever opening the game. Once that is done, go back and resume the download of the 1.02 patch. If you follow those steps it will work. 

Message 15 of 26 (7,150 Views)

★★ Novice
Wow, thx! I'm now waiting until the game is fully downloaded. I have a feeling that it will work :-) Thx for the info!
Message 16 of 26 (7,062 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same issue that Dragon Age Inquisition DLC causes the game to crash. I can get the normal games to run by only getting the games to load first and then the update. Additional DLC causes the game to crash. Armour Mount does for sure. I tried download everything but Armour Mount DLC and it crashed agian. Asking for my money back.
Message 17 of 26 (7,048 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine works *until* i apply the update.  but i can't actually play with out the update.

Message 18 of 26 (6,590 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Mine still won't start it is now Feb almost March this should of been fixed by now
Message 19 of 26 (5,335 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I played 107 hours, and tonight suddenly after i start campaign, game shows hinta screen, and then it get stuck into black screen with inquisition logo in corner.
Message 20 of 26 (5,005 Views)