by elaiwins1

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PC

★★★ Newbie
I have a very similar problem too. Here's my system spec thingy
Message 81 of 101 (1,290 Views)

Hero

@Lemonny_Guy Your system doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to run the game. It's always a good idea to check your system can handle a game before buying it Standard smile Sorry I don't have anything more helpful for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 82 of 101 (1,286 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That can't be true because when I first got the game I was able to run it perfectly, even with all the graphic settings on high/ultra. The problem just started when I tried running the .exe (The game) file, the blue circle loading thing would appear on the cursor but nothing would happen. No error or crash message, just nothing
Message 83 of 101 (1,206 Views)

@Lemonny_Guy

Sorry but you don't meet specs for Dragon Age Inquistion.  If you are talking about Dragon Age Origins, then sure you should be fine, but DAI is a very hardware intensive machine.  Your DxDiag only shows a HD MOBILITY HD 3670 video card, when min specs for DAI is a full HD4870.  See comparison...Radeon-HD-4870-vs-Mobility-Radeon-HD-3670

Min specs for game....http://www.ign.com/wikis/dragon-age-inquisition/PC_System_Requirements

Your driver for your graphics is from January 2015....almost 3 years old.

Your main CPU lists as   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P7350 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

Min specs...   Intel quad core CPU @ 2.0 GHz

So your CPU is short 2 cores needed to run the game, your video card is below specs and the driver is out of date...sorry, this rig NEVER ran DAI on ultra.  Maybe you are remembering a different game/computer or posted to the wrong forum??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 84 of 101 (1,169 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I see, so even if I put it on 4 cores like this. It still shouldn't be able to work?
Message 85 of 101 (1,155 Views)

@Lemonny_Guy

First you posted a DxDiag for a laptop, with an Intel Core duo 2.0 gHz, and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670.

Second you post a picture from a much better machine, with i7-7700HQ 2.8gHz and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050.

If you are trying to play the game on the rig that generated the second picture of the gaming center, then you should have no issue hardware wise running the game.  If you are trying to play the game on the rig that generated the DxDiag you first posted, then you will not be able to play.

So it will depend on which computer you are trying to play the game on.  As far as putting it on 4 cores....not sure what you mean.  You can't add cores to a computer without changing CPU chips and sometimes motherboards, but I don't think that is what you meant.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 86 of 101 (1,133 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank , i understand now. I very much appreciate your help and advice
Message 87 of 101 (1,117 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Oh now i see what might of caused the confusion, the previous dxdiag.txt isn't for my laptop. I might of sent the wrong one😅..My bad. This is for my laptop
Message 88 of 101 (1,109 Views)

Hero

@Lemonny_Guy Yes, you most certainly posted the wrong dxdiag earlier, that's.... quite a difference. :P

First thing would be to make sure the game is using the dedicated GPU, not the integrated Intel one. 

Second thing would be to check your AV program/firewall/etc have exceptions added for the game, Origin and the game files in My Documents. If those programs have been updated it's possible any previous exceptions may need to be redone. Especially if you're using Avast or AVG.

If that doesn't help, perhaps a more detailed description of your issue would help figure out what's going on. Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 89 of 101 (1,104 Views)

★ Guide
thanks. this worked for me. but WTF is this program doing that it needs to have me disable part of my virus protection just to run the damn thing? *sigh*
Message 90 of 101 (715 Views)