Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PC

by elaiwins1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PC

★★★★★ Newbie

I recently got Dragon Age Inquisition, and have been enjoying it until last night. I attempted to sart the game from the desktop. Nothing. I tried to start it on Origin, and I got a window that said "Syncing with cloud 100%" and then nothing happened. I tried restarting both my computer and Origin, the same thing happened. I tried running it as an admin, but still nothing. Is there anything more that I should be doing, or anything I am doing wrong?

Message 1 of 101 (70,180 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't start on PC

★★★★★ Expert

See if this helps

How to get a DxDiag report and put it in a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

View in thread

Message 4 of 101 (81,650 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

Since you provided ZERO information about your rig configuration, there's nothing anyone can do to help you. Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 2 of 101 (70,016 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Silly me. I Don't know too much about it. It's an Hp laptop that runs Windows 8. I'm new to pc gaming to be honest.
Message 3 of 101 (70,005 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

See if this helps

How to get a DxDiag report and put it in a Hastebin page:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Titanfall/PC-Graphic-performance-issues-in-Titanfall-here-s-how-to-help-us/...

Message 4 of 101 (81,651 Views)

One thing to try, is to run the game in Compatibilty mode and use Win7.  But if that doesn't work, then yeah, you will need to give us info to allow us even a chance of helping you. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 101 (69,994 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@elaiwins1 wrote:
Silly me. I Don't know too much about it. It's an Hp laptop that runs Windows 8. I'm new to pc gaming to be honest.

@elaiwins1 

The answer you needed to be able to learn what you needed to know was posted into your message thread.  Have you not noticed it? 

Message 6 of 101 (69,921 Views)

★ Apprentice

I guess your system has not changed, so if it used to work but no longer works, your specs should be rather irrelevant. If you have changed drivers or hardware that may be the cause of your problems, and then it would be wise to post detailed specs.

Quite often Origin does not close or open properly, but still it keep running in the background. If you start your task manager and look at processes, Origin or dragon age may allready be running, but not properly. (If Origin is open it is most likely running properly.) I simply end the process that is not working and try again, and then my game starts like I expect it to.

I have also noticed that when an update is loading you may not start the game unitl you pause downloading or it is finished.

If you have tried several times, I guess you may have other issues, but still it is a good idea to look in Processes to see if dragon age actually starts.

Message 7 of 101 (69,907 Views)

★ Apprentice

..and there are others having the same problem in: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch.

Message 8 of 101 (69,903 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Some people are temperamentally unsuited to the somewhat more complicated game situation that using PCs as a platform entails, and should be encouraged to stick with console versions, especially now that the current generation of consoles has finally advanced the bar.  Meanwhile, it does seem that the OP must have given up. 

Message 9 of 101 (69,866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

What an utterly ridiculous thing to say. Is there any wonder the PC gaming community is what it is with drongos like you pushing people away to consoles? PC gaming is a learning curve but everyone has to start somewhere, where we any better when we first started?

Also given the OP's question was related to the game crashing (well known and documented issue for some users especially Win 8/8.1) and not about producing a direct x diagnostic, I fail to see how this can be marked as resolved??

Message 10 of 101 (69,854 Views)