Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't load a custom world state

by Leora85

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition won't load a custom world state

★★ Novice

This seems to be a common problem on all systems, so I'm just going to list the things that I've checked:

1. I checked that the game (on PS3) connected to the Dragon Age servers by restarting the game after every step.

2. On dragonagkeep.com, I went to the top-right of my screen and exported my custom world state to Dragon Age Inquisition. An icon (DAI with a checkmark) indicates the world state was exported successfully.

3. I confirmed that both EA and PSN accounts are using the same email.

4 I downloaded EA Origin and attempted to connect my PSN account to my EA account. I discovered that my PSN account was actually attached to an old EA account (which was connected to an email which I deleted many years ago), so I called in to speak with EA support. They verified that the correct EA account is now connected to the correct PSN account.

5. I contacted EA support again now that everything was verified and still not working. They told me that they do not have a tool for solving this problem, and recommended I create a ticket here.

Message 1 of 9 (16,512 Views)

Hero

What's actually happening when you try to load a custom world state during character creation? Is there a connection to servers error, does it pretend to load the world state for you to discover later it's wrong, something else? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 9 (16,480 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem. I have imported my custom world state on Dragon Age Keep however I do not get the option to use it when I try to create a new game in DA:I. The only option I am given is to use default world state, which is really annoying because I went through a lot of effort with my tapestry to get the story line based on my choices in DA:O and DA:2 and I was really keen to continue my story in DA:I. Even more frustrating is the fact that I have done everything correctly going by all the guides and it still wont load my custom world state. I am correctly logged in on both Origin launcher and Dragon Age Keep, I have imported my world state to DA:I on the Keep, and I am always connected to the internet. I even went as far as uninstalling Origin and reinstalling it but that did not work either. I have not had any error messages or anything to tell me why DA:I is not importing my world state from the Keep. Please help!

Message 3 of 9 (16,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hello i have the same issue. i'am on pc and when i want to create a new character i only have the default world history (sorry for my world i'am french) . I try several thing to solve it.

To resexport the custom world from dragon age keep ==> don't solve the problem.

Tri to fix the game from origin ==> don't solve the problem.

I've noticed a message from dragon age keep " Verify this matches ingame date" or the hour are in UTC+00:00 and in france we are in UTC +01:00 so i try to change this in windows and make my computer to be in UTC+00h00. After that retstart the game. ==> don't solve the problem.

(sorry again for my english).

that's what i try so far. If anyone have an idea. Thanks for reading

Just check twitter and 9 hour ado they said "You may experience difficulties exporting a world state to DA:I (all platforms). We're working to solve this and will update when it's back."

from #DragonAgeKeep

So we must be patient

Message 4 of 9 (16,431 Views)

★ Novice

Just an update: it seems like whatever problem DAK was having, it has been resolved. I was able to successfully import my world state without any issues.

Message 5 of 9 (16,398 Views)

★★ Novice

Still the same issue 2 years later... is it another update?

Message 6 of 9 (15,069 Views)

Hero

@Joshto5h  Most obvious question first, are you playing while logged in to the servers (and the same account as the Keep)? There have been people experiencing issues connecting to the servers recently, have you noticed anything in game telling you you're having this issue? Is it giving you the option to use a custom world state or is only the default available to you? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 9 (15,057 Views)

★★★ Novice

We’re you able to solve the problem, I have the same issues. 

Message 8 of 9 (2,463 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 9 of 9 (2,326 Views)