Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch

by miggyseeee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch

★★★★★ Novice

Hi can anyone help me on this? I've had this problem since last year and don't know how to fix this. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the game but the same thing happens and I also tried the anti-virus tips on the website. I had this game in 2015, I just want to finish the DLCs, please help.

Message 1 of 13 (1,358 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch

Hero

@miggyseeee From the video and the DAI error (aswhook.dll) in your dxdiag, it looks like you might be using Avast or AVG, these programs are known to cause issues launching the game. Try adding exceptions in your AV program for the game, Origin and the save folder. Alternatively you can temporarily disable AV protection in order to launch the game. Or you could try switching to a different AV program that doesn't have these sorts of issues. Standard smile 
Hope that helps, let us know how you go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (1,439 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @miggyseeee let's start by grabbing a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system and we'll then take it from there: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,319 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Darko sir, here you go

Message 3 of 13 (1,303 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @miggyseeee looking at your DxDiag and the first thing to do is let's go ahead and ensure that when launching the game you are doing so on your Nvidia card and not the integrated one.

To change from your integrated card to your Nvidia card:

• Open "Nvidia Control Panel".
  • Select "Manage 3D Settings" under 3D Settings.
  • Click on "Program Settings" tab and then select the program you want to run.
  • Select "Preferred graphics processor" in drop-down menu and then select use the dedicated graphics card, select High-performance Nvidia processor.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I tried but sadly it's still not working.

Message 5 of 13 (1,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello admins, still need help with this one :/

Message 6 of 13 (1,211 Views)

★ Novice

You are not alone. I am having the same problem. Another person had the issue with dragon age 2 and it was an issue on the configuration file but I havent found where that is stored for inquisition yet

Message 7 of 13 (1,182 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 8 of 13 (1,170 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko hello sir, still need help fixing this.

Message 9 of 13 (1,116 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello EA, PLEASE SEND HELP.

Message 10 of 13 (1,081 Views)