Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

by CursedLight0

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

★★★★ Novice

My apologies, I missed the thread, but found it later. Standard smile

Message 21 of 78 (5,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Arrggh! I have gone through all of the suggestions on this thread, and I STILL cannot get DAI to launch.

I am getting no error message. Origin runs, then I get a blank screen with the DAI green light at the bottom right, then it goes to full screen (lulling me into a false sense of happy), finally just dumping back to my desktop.

Message 22 of 78 (5,095 Views)

★ Novice

So you say you use/d AVG and had issues running Inquisition?   I tried the "Trial" version of the game just a few weeks ago and use AVG ( I've used AVG for over 5 yrs and played the past DA games while it was running)  I've not seen a problem with any of my games as of yet. However, I recently updated to a newer PC which would handle the hardware needed for this game, and newer version of Windows, not 10 (prior to Trial version), and just t'day purchased the "Game of the Year" version of Inquisition.  

So far, so good.  My only problem is figuring out how to 'unlock the game'.  I paid enough for the game and don't wish to purchase any online gaming with "Access"; if this is what I am required to do to play, I will request a refund for the game and throw Origins in the Recycle Bin.  I'm tired of paying out my rear-end for online services that try to bleed you dry for minimal interaction, if any.

So far I'm only at 34% of the DL but thought you could play while it was downloading given I already had the trial.  If this is not true and I'm forced to wait 12 + hours, could someone please respond?

Message 23 of 78 (5,075 Views)

Hero

@Taravell2015 The AVG issue seems to only be affecting those using NVidia GPUs, and I don't think anyone's tested it with the trial, so that could be unaffected. 

As for your question, as far as I'm aware you have to wait for the game to download and install before you can play it. Or at least that was the case when I installed it... back in 2014, so I guess it's possible things have changed. Tongue out However, if you have the Game of the Year edition, you'll want to let it finish and then install the DLC (Trespasser in particular) if you want to start the game with all the content you've paid for (Trespasser adds some things which affect the entire game, such as the trials and changes to abilities, along with its main content). 

You do not need Origin Access or anything to play the game or multiplayer (I think there is some sort of currency you can purchase for the multiplayer, but having never played the multiplayer portion of the game, I don't know what you can purchase with it). Redeeming/purchasing the game in Origin is all you need to do to 'unlock' the game. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 24 of 78 (5,068 Views)

★★★ Expert

Still that way on PC Niah, play while downloading only works on consoles, PC has to wait for it to install and, it doesn't do that until after it's 100% downloaded. Origin will tell you when it's ready to play. (just installed Origin and the whole DA series for my  niece last week. (my thing when they graduate 8th grade is to buy them any one game series they want and, she wanted Dragon Age.)

Message 25 of 78 (5,058 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Same thing happened to me, and I fixed it by making the DA:I application an exception for my AVG antivirus software. You can do this by opening AVG, going to settings (top right), Advanced Settings, Exceptions (left side options), then searching for your DA:I application launcher (i think it should be in C folder, Program files (x86), Origin Games, Dragon Age Inquisition etc). Good luck!
Message 26 of 78 (5,007 Views)

★ Novice

Hello and Good day, the solution of allowing DAI in as an exception through AVG worked perfectly for me, Thanks Standard smile

Message 27 of 78 (4,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem having played through game a few times =many hrs play time since first launched now I switch off one night the following day it refused to launch nothing iv tried works even reloading earlier versions off origin no luck as it insists on updating prior to launch iv now given up and deleted game from my pc I'm running windows 7 origin have truly ******up

Message 28 of 78 (4,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem it seem the game clashed with agv so you may wish to follow that line of thought

Message 29 of 78 (4,542 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @old-one-charlie,

Thanks for taking the time to confirm it was AVG. Make sure to add Origin and DAI to the list of exceptions after every update of Origin. 

Message 30 of 78 (4,529 Views)