Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

by CursedLight0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

★★★★ Novice

I recently bought DAI and I've been looking forward to playing it, except that the game won't run when I launch it!

I've tried every solution I can find for this problem, but nothing works. I've updated my drivers, I've run DAI and Origin as administrator, I've done the repair option, I've installed the necessary programs that are inside the DAI folder and inside the "_Installer" folder, so that would be directx and everything inside the "vc" folder.

I honestly have no clue what to do now, I need some help. 

Here's a link to the specs of my laptop: http://hastebin.com/avacituhot.tex

Message 1 of 78 (94,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. Can you try restarting your machine with a Clean Boot and see if that helps? Perhaps there's an interfering 3rd party program. 

Terrakat, did you have any mods installed? if so remove these. Otherwise please try running a repair. Right-click the game panel to get this option. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 78 (116,680 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@CursedLight0 Hey, I'd guess that it might be related to your laptop GPU settings. Please ensure that when you play DAI it's set to use your 960m, not the intel HD 4600. 

Laptops often default to using the low-power intel chipset when on the desktop or in certain programs in order to save on power usage. However when you want to play a graphics-intensive modern game, the Nvidia card will be needed, so please check the GPU manager to ensure that it's turned on. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 78 (94,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. 

The game was and is already set to use the GPU. I even made sure that it wasn't using the integrated graphics and was instead using the Nvidia GPU.

I'm a complete noob when it comes to anything technical like this. I might just be overlooking a simple step here that could fix my problem, which is really what I'm kinda hoping for.

Message 3 of 78 (94,552 Views)

★★ Novice

To add on the above: I also attempted to launch game outside Origin and gained an error. It appears Patch 8 caused issue with C++ coding between online and game launch, as there is a simultaneous runNing issue between Origin and game. Have download version. Unsure if affects hardcopy or not. PC version of game completely unplayable at this time. Please fix, or provide PC patch rollback until error is correctable. Most of patch was only multilayer and for console. Perhaps issue was with console updates affecting PC version of game since they are listed as not PC compatible?

Bioware, Origin, please correct. Would like to continue playing. Have had game since launch. Unfair to PC users. If no other has reported this issue may be with Win8.1? If so please help. Greatly appreciate a correction.

Message 4 of 78 (94,539 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks for the update. Can you try restarting your machine with a Clean Boot and see if that helps? Perhaps there's an interfering 3rd party program. 

Terrakat, did you have any mods installed? if so remove these. Otherwise please try running a repair. Right-click the game panel to get this option. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 78 (116,681 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The clean boot helped! The game actually ran. There was a problem with the game not going to fullscreen even though fullscreen was selected, but I just put it on windowed fullscreen and that fixed that little issue. 

So from here, do I just do a process of elimination? Or do you happen to know what programs interfere with the game?

Thank you by the way! I'm glad it was finally able to work and that the only problem is a 3rd party program that I can just disable for a while.

Message 6 of 78 (94,480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey again. So I did the process of elimination and it turns out that razer synapse was the one that was interfering with DAI. So I just disabled it and everything works well now! 

Thank you so much for helping me out!

Message 7 of 78 (94,466 Views)

Community Manager

Good to know, thanks for the update. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 78 (94,451 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there, I'm having the same problem where DA:I will not launch even after going through all of the troubleshooting steps. I've even attempted a clean boot and the problem has persisted.
The error message reads as: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close application"

My PC should be more than able to handle DA:I on high graphics.

Any other suggestions? I'd really like to actually play the game!

Message 9 of 78 (94,431 Views)

Community Manager

@Steamsinger I think that indicates that not all required files are installed. 

Please navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist and run the DXSETUP.exe

Then go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc and run the exes for each of the vc redists. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 78 (94,419 Views)