Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch

by Elizabeth_QC

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch

★ Novice

I've seen that a lot of people have had problems with DAI and making it actually launch, I have the same problem.

I just bought it and now I'm trying to get it to work.

My antivirus (AVG) isn't the issue, I've made an exception for DAI and I've also tried to turn AVG off.

My firewall (just windows firewall) isn't the problem either, it allows DAI to be used or whatever, I  ticked the boxes.

I am not an expert at computers, so I don't really know what to do now to make it launch.

Halp Frown

Message 1 of 4 (641 Views)

Nothing serious can be done to help you, other than to guess at a few things, without info on your machine and exactly what is happening. 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/How-to-post-the-relevant-info-when-you-create-a-que...

That should be a link to the sticky at the top of the forum on how to post the info we need to help you...pay special attention to the spoiler tag and the info it has about getting and posting a DxDiag file.  The other info you need to post is if you are using any mods, type of Anti-virus, if you are using Razor products and have their program installed, and any other programs that overlay the game...such as a chat program, sharing program(aka, Teamspeak), monitoring programs and pretty much anything that may be interfering with your game.

Now saying all that, over 90% of the time a quick start, black screen and desktop is Anti-Virus.  Fix is to put GLOBAL exceptions for Origin, DAI and DAI saves files.  Now why the capital GLOBAL, well there are two different types of exceptions, one for scanning and a global that tells the AV to totally ignore the files listed, don't scan or do anything when running them.  Many people only do a scanning one and it still effects the game....  After AV the most common cause used to be system below specs, and then cross program interference was last, with Razor products probably being the most common followed by TeamSpeak 13, I think it was. 

Most of the above can be gotten from the DxDiag, but you posting what you know does help speed up things a bit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (609 Views)

★ Apprentice

And ORIGINS, did you allow it through firewall?

Message 3 of 4 (589 Views)

Hero

Normally it's caused by antivirus, but since you turned that off completely, it might be something else. A clean boot is a good way to determine whether any software is interfering with the game because you're launching Windows with a minimum number of applications running.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (571 Views)