Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't launch.

by ArtMANro

Original Post

★★★ Novice

seriously? years with the same problem and still EA have no real answer?

I download the test game to see if it works on my laptop. and it works, but when I buy the complete game (yesterday) the game just don't run... it closed, and its frustrating, I tried everything to solve the problem, and nothing happens.
a day for me with this... hey, I  see a lot of people, asking for an answer for so long...

they deserve a patch, a real one, that solve the problem ones for all...
:/

Message 61 of 78 (2,259 Views)

@DarthClaria

1st Welcome to the forums...

Now, DAI hasn't had content released in over 2 years, with about the same time with any patches...ie the game hasn't changed recently and will not be changed in the future without something highly strange happening.    The issue with the original poster here wasn't DAI, but instead it was how DAI worked with Razor synapses a third party optional program.  I know Razor software has issues with many Frostbite games, thus leading me to think it is an engine issue and one better addressed by Razor corp if they want their software and hardware used in Frostbite games. 

As far as the next most common issue lately, it being AVG and Avast, that issue started about a year ago, well AFTER the last change to DAI....so why in the world does AVG/Avast corporation muck up THEIR software so badly that it identifies a game that has been out over three years, and unchanged for 2 as a virus issue needing to be blocked...I would suggest you ask AVG/Avast...

Both the issues I listed are issues created by other corporations and companies for DAI, and yet you are holding Bioware/EA responsible for the issues....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 62 of 78 (2,243 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well, my problem solved with uninstalling a DLC, and now I actually can't play it, and I know that dlc is great. (don't even the antivirus issues) and then appear another problem... the game just don't wanna save...

EA and the team, and Origins, they sell a game that we can't play, it's that normal here? couse' w10 somehow are blocking this, the dlc just don't work properly... if they do all they'r homework... why the uncompativility is still a deal. (in my case windows 10)

look, Y buy the game couse I love it, and the themo works for me expectacular. Understand me too, it's too sad 

Message 63 of 78 (2,167 Views)

I have to disagree with you on most of this.  I don't know if English is your first language or not, but most of this post isn't very understandable to me, maybe you are just mad or really tired of the problems.  If you want help trying to solve the issues, then I suggest taking a deep breath and working on posting as concise and detailed post of the issues as you can and include a DxDiag file so we can look at the hardware you are running. 

Now, it says you solved one problem by uninstalling a DLC....but you don't say which dlc.  Your issue was game not starting, IIRC and you said you tried many fixes, but didn't list which fixes what you did exactly nor did you describe in detail what the game was doing...ie, black screen then closing, or clicking on the game and busy icon then nothing...

After you solved one issue, you say another issue cropped up, being that you can't save...well, I know of two things non-game related that can cause this.  First is Cloud backup by microsolf, because the cloud save system moves the files needed by DAI into the cloud and when DAI needs the files it doesn't find them.  Second is Anti-virus not exempting DAI saves folder and since it views DAI as a virus on some systems, then it deletes or prevents the saves from happening.  I have also heard moving the stock save location can also cause this.

Now, the recommended specs are below...at no point do I see any reference to Windows 10...which happened to come out 8 -10 months AFTER DAI.

Processor (AMD): Six core @ 3.2 GHz
Processor (Intel): Quad core @ 3.0 GHz
Memory: 8 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): Radeon HD 7870 or R9 270
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): GeForce GTX 660
Graphics Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 26 GB
DirectX: 11
Internet: 1 Mbps up and down

So you expect a company to design a game to run perfectly on an Operating system that hasn't even been released yet??  Um..no.

As far as selling a game no one can play, again, I have to disagree, you may be having issue, but my copy works perfectly fine, thus it sounds like the issue is with your PC and not inherent in the game.  If you wish to try and work with us here to get your copy working, I will be happy to see what I can do, or you can move over to https://help.ea.com for official help, and chat with an advisor

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 64 of 78 (2,158 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Standard smile Clean boot helped me too. I have launched msconfig/System configuratiob/Services; checked the box "Hide all Microseft services, and at first Disable all, restarted the computer and the game started, even in a very small area of the monitor cos the Nvidia services where also disabled. Then, now sure that it was about a service, at first I have disabled only the upper half, then game was running, then the lower half, disabled all except the game apps services, and finally I have found the sole culprit in < RAZER GAME SCANNER>, the only one that should be disabled in order that game to run. Seems that it comes with Razer Synapse (for any of their products), and it informs them what games you are playing. At course if you are disabling it you cannot chat any longer on Razer Chat, but hey there are plenty of other chat services.
Message 65 of 78 (2,042 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you, for that i just spent way to long messing with my computer thinking it was my anti virus when it was this all along.
Message 66 of 78 (1,788 Views)

★ Novice

Hi EA Dave

Please can you assist as I am unable to launch. I downloaded the game yesterday and have not been able to play at all. When I launch it brings us the game very briefly with a black screen and then crashes, returning me to Origins where you can click play again. 

I looked at the solutions posted and tried them all. I verified the files, I unticked to launch through Origin, unticked cloud saves, ran the application and Origin as an administrator and did the clean disk boot.

I then went to the EA Help site, logged a case (Ref: ) and had several chats with support staff. They came to the conclusion that my drivers were the issue and that they were to be re-installed or updated. I re-installed the drivers and checked for updates and the issue still persists. I went back to the chat afterwards and they advised me to post to the forums

Please can there be a patch so that the game is playable or a work-around as I have not been able to play at all.

Thank you

Message 67 of 78 (1,764 Views)

@unicornbarry

I am not EA Dave but I have helped many people with DAI.

I would ask that you do two things for us.

1)  Please post a DxDiag file for info related to your machine. 

2)  Please post what kind of Anti-virus software you are using and whether you have whitelisted/exclusions/exceptions for DAI, DAI saves files, and Origin program.  The NUMBER 1 cause of what you are listing is AVG or Avast(some others too) interfering with the launching of the program.  Razor and Steel series hardware programs are also an issue, along with various others but Anti-virus still remains the number 1 issue.

Message 68 of 78 (1,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

TheSteelRodent
★★★★ NOVICE
TheSteelRodent
March 2017
Not to necro old threads, but with Avast acquiring AVG and the result taking effect with the 17 March 2017 update, Avast now has all the same problems AVG had when it came to running games. In effect: Avast will block Windows from properly accessing the registry (which causes random login and permission errors), and will make games fail to load due to timeouts and locked out files.

In short: The Origin Games folder needs to be excluded in Avast in order to play any games on Origin. It's quite frankly ridiculous, but hopefully with time they'll figure out how to make a program that protects you instead of preventing you from using the computer.

Thanks  SteelRodent.  Wasn't getting any error code game would try to launch then just go back to the desktop.  Adding the exclusion path to the origin game folder  in  Avast fixed the problem. 

Message 69 of 78 (1,365 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi guys, the simple fix is simply a 3rd party program, i turned off my AVG antivirus and bam instantly loads up Dragon age!

Hope this helps someone.

Message 70 of 78 (1,056 Views)