Dragon Age: Inquisition won't launch, tried every fix in the book.

by ThisRockIFound

Original Post

Dragon Age: Inquisition won't launch, tried every fix in the book.

★ Novice

I wanna start this by saying that I've tried everything: disabling my antivirus, making an exception for the game (and Origin files) in said antivirus, running a clean boot, running the game in every compatibility mode accessible, disabling fullscreen optimization, running the program as an administrator, COMPLETELY removed and reinstalled the game, Steam, and Origin as well as clearing their caches, and regardless of what I try, the game won't open. I've attached my DxDiag. Other than that, I'm at the end of my rope. I have no idea what I did wrong (probably nothing) or what issues the game has, but I need a fix soon or I'm returning the game.

Message 1 of 11 (1,262 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition won't launch, tried every fix in the book.

Someone recently posted they had good luck with running origin in compatibility mode for Win7, and running it as admin.  I would suggest starting Origin in the suggested mode, then start Steam as Admin, and make sure your Anti-virus is off, and see if it makes a difference.  The only error for DAI was a PCA2 event which I think is for compatibility issues.    I would also triple check your Nvidia settings to make sure your system is set to use the Nvidia card instead of even trying to use the Intel chip. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 11 (1,219 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exception on Anti-virus may not be enough. In my case I need to disable it to launch the game and then re-enable it. This is a very old issue that was never fixed.

Message 3 of 11 (1,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@TheR4ptorz wrote:

Exception on Anti-virus may not be enough. In my case I need to disable it to launch the game and then re-enable it. This is a very old issue that was never fixed.

It's not a problem with Inquisition.  It's a problem with your a/v product.

Ditch it for one that doesn't block legitimate programs.

Message 4 of 11 (1,163 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem, tried all the fixes and I add that my game worked before and on the same system I am on now, nothing changed. Since the "new" origin updated my DAI stopped working and I am also at the part where I will cancel my Origin access and delete everything concerning Origin because I do not see the point of having it if I can't play my game anymore.

Message 5 of 11 (1,127 Views)

★★ Guide

@ThandalNLyman I disagree. It's an issue with DAO, as it should ask the AV for exception which it clearly doesn't. I had the same problem months ago before I realized that.

Message 6 of 11 (1,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Midevil_Chaos wrote:

@ThandalNLyman I disagree. It's an issue with DAO, as it should ask the AV for exception which it clearly doesn't. I had the same problem months ago before I realized that.

You can disagree, but it's the a/v product that's preventing DAI from running, not DAI that blocks the a/v.  No other application that I know of is expected to "ask permission" of the user's a/v.  It's the a/v that informs the user that it's blocked something, and asks if the user want to make an exception.  Hence my statement that it's the a/v that needs a patch!  Angel

Message 7 of 11 (1,038 Views)

★★ Guide

@ThandalNLyman Assuming we use different AV products, then the issue is DAO, not the AV. Besides, DAO is the only game that I had to do that for. No other game had to be added to the exception list. Not sure about the OP in terms of how many games he had to add to the exception list.

Message 8 of 11 (1,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Midevil_Chaos ;  I think it's any Frostbite-based game that AVG/Avast have trouble with.

In any case, it's the a/v that needs to adapt to the legitimate applications on the market, not the apps to the a/v.

Message 9 of 11 (998 Views)

★★ Guide

@ThandalNLyman I assume you have tried with FIFA, then?

Message 10 of 11 (973 Views)