Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

by LostSigil

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

★★★ Apprentice

I tried that and im still unable to connect. I can connect to DAO servers but in Inquisition I can't.

Message 11 of 522 (12,452 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm on Xbox One and cannot connect to the servers either. It worked fine last night, but it will not connect this morning. I can log into the Keep on a computer, and the console's Internet is working, but it just won't connect.

Message 12 of 522 (12,433 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA David, that did not work for me

Message 13 of 522 (12,420 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Tried deleting the cache the second time I uninstalled and re-installed Origin, as well as deleting Appdata\Local\Origin in my users folder.  I don't have access to a second PC to test, and the only user account on my PC is mine as I am the only person who uses it.  I should also note that both Origin and Inquisition are set to "run as administrator" as well...

And as others mentioned, this issue isn't PC specific...I've seen posts from console other console users as well aside from the ones in this thread...

Literally, this is how it goes:

I load up Origin and sign in.  I go to my games and click play on Inquisition and get to the screen where it says click to continue, and I click.  Connecting to Dragon Age servers comes up on screen with the circular animated icon above.  2 seconds later, all animation on the screen stops.  30 seconds after that, the music cuts out...if it weren't for the fact I can move the mouse I'd assume the computer froze.  About a minute later, animation resumes and a message appears stating "Online Connection - The Dragon Age server is unavailable at this time.  Please try again later".  I'm left at the main menu, where I can shift-f1 to open Origin in game which I am still logged in to, click on the button on the bottom of the screen to visit the Keep website, which logs me in right away, but if I try to log in to the server again it still won't connect.  I could play select new game, and the game starts normally, but without the online connection I am unable to claim any of the bonus content that came with the game (which is tied to my Origin account and therefore requires connection) nor import my "world state" from the Keep (which is also tied to my account).  I don't want to waste time starting a new game, going through character creation, etc only to have to do it all again when the issue gets resolved and I can finally import the dlc, and world state that reflects all of the choices I made in the previous titles in the series.

Message 14 of 522 (12,424 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine does the same thing except it tries to tell me I'm not signed into Origin. When I need to be signed in to open the game in the first place.

Message 15 of 522 (12,411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Also on PC, and I've tried pretty much all of the "fixes", but nothing has worked. Still being told to log into Origin, which I am.

Message 16 of 522 (12,405 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm so fed up with this issue that I went through the procedure to contact EA directly...set everything up, had a case # and was waiting for a phone call from a rep...they called, I was on hold waiting for the rep to pick up, then a few minutes later the call ends...I get an e-mail a few minutes later that they've closed the case for now WITHOUT EVEN SPEAKING TO ME!  What the hell kind of service is that???  I've moved from being annoyed to seriously **bleep** pissed!  I'm half tempted to get a twitter account so I can tweet at every Bioware employee I know the name of about this issue...they seem to actually care about the fan base unlike "EA (so called) Help" and may actually try to do something about it....

Message 17 of 522 (12,362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Have the same problem on PC. But some people tell they solved it via support in case if the game have been very early pre ordered. For example in my Origin account the DA:I order has still not completed status from april, however i can right now download and play the game. This suspended pre order is probably the source of troubles with server\keep connections.

Message 18 of 522 (12,345 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Actually that could be it for me. My order history lists two orders for DA:I for some reason. One completed and one failed. Do you know how to fix it?

Message 19 of 522 (12,331 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

unfortunately doesn't seem to be my issue...just looked at my order history and I have 1 listing for Inquisition which shows as completed.  Tried yet again to uninstall both the game and Origin, delete Origin's caches and reinstall both (after restarting the PC) and still didn't help, just like it didn't help the first 2 times...I'd be far less irritated if there was some communication about what the issue was or that it is being worked on...there are about 10 threads on this forum right now about this issue, but no updates or statements from EA...

Message 20 of 522 (12,288 Views)