Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

by larspat89

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Nope, I have tried this on two diffrent computers today, both on different ISPs with the exact same result. First on Time Warner with a 50mb/s connection. Then again on a computer using Brighthouse Networks at 150mb/s with the exact same results, This is ALL Bioware/EA. Not to mention, it was working abotu half the time BEFORE the patch but isn't working at all now for a good number of people. But I'll go back to my "third rate" ISP.

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

This really isn't BioWare's (or EA's) issue.  This is a problem somewhere between your rig and your ISP and your DNS provider.  Millions (yes, MILLIONS) of other players on all platforms are able to connect.  Just not those few who have second-/third-/or worse-tier ISPs.

Message 471 of 522 (46,621 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This really is EA/Bioware's issue. I have been  unable to connect since November 2014. All I get is "Connection to Dragon Age server is lost." I have Steam, Origin, Uplay and Battle.net clients running with many games installed and I have never had any connection problems with any of these clients and/or games. Inquisition is the only exception to this.

I even formatted the whole drive and reinstalled everything, including Origin to no avail. There is no Antivirus running in my system. Necessary ports are open and proper firewall exceptions are added. Not that any of those are needed since it is extremely unlikely that a single game would require so much careful attention while others require none.

This issue results from either the game server itself or the account. I am using the best ISP available in my country with an extremely stable connection. Nothing is blocked and I do indeed change my dns frequently. My first computer was an Amiga. I have been building and using PCs for the last 20 years so I troubleshoot my own problems and fix them. But this is something entirely out of my control. I even tried a different network and hardware configuration with an entirely different OS and still reached the same result. The only element that was common was the account.

You are acting in a condescending manner while being utterly misinformed. Did you do a survey to reach those assumptions? Where is your proof that all these people who are having connection problems are having them because of the things that you listed? Going by your logic they should have problems with a lot of games, not just DA.

A lot of the people that were having problems have already moved on. That's why the connection issue doesn't seem to prevalent.

You are also not helping anyone with that attitude.

Message 472 of 522 (46,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Getting same problem here. Bought the deluxe edition but cant access any of the items since i cant connect to the server. Any work around?

I redownloaded origin but that didnt work. Putting an exception on my firewall and basic stuff all tried.

edit: On pc, windows 8.1. Just bought the game a few days ago. Really fun but get frustrated that i cant access the items i paid for.

Message 473 of 522 (46,549 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been able to log in before on both the PC and PS4 but now I can't log in to the PC version and it is just DA:I I can log in to Mass Effect 3 so I don't know what is happening but with that I am not able to use Dragon Age Keep now I want to know what is being done about this.  I have tried numerous things to fix this uninstalled the game and reinstalled, fixed the game to see if there were any missing files, and finally uninstalled Origin and then reinstalled it.

Message 474 of 522 (46,436 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Still cant login after changing practically everything i can about my network connection. THIS IS NOT SOLVED. This problem appears to go back all the way to 2010 with folks complaining about dragon age origin not being able to login.

Message 475 of 522 (46,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

MAYBE I HAVE THE SOLUTION.

So i was unable to log in on the game since its release, I tried every * thing listed below:
Reinstall game.
Reinstall origin.
Open ports.
Change my ISP.
And others things, today i found a post on Bioware's forum from a guy that discovered that even reinstalling origin, origin was not being recognized as installed by his windows, it was working normally and any other of his games could connect normally, except by DAI them he noticed this problem with Origin not being fully recognized by windows could be the problem.
He uninstalled Origin, restarted the pc and then runned the origin installer "as a admin" even through he was already a admin and after that he could connect online at the game.

I Tried it just a few minutes ago and now i finally can connect to play online \o/ \o/ \o/ I'm so * Happy!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my bad english, i'm not to good at writing, but i could not not share this possible solution to everyone that love this game.

Message 476 of 522 (56,988 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank's friend worked for me. Shame i don't have a lot of time to play it.

Message 477 of 522 (45,923 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Glad it worked for you. Just tried that and it still doesnt work.

Deleted origin, shut down, restart, run origin installer as admin, run origin as admin, run DA:I as admin.... still can't connect to server. Still cant get black emporium to show up on war table, still cant get the short list merchant to reset its stock.

Message 478 of 522 (45,884 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am afraid if after trying everything, even installing Origin to default directory in addition to pulling a rabbit out of a magical hat, DAI still doesn't want to connect then either the account or the game licence is at fault. You can chalk it up to the DRM. You can, however, create a new account and register a new DAI code to that account to see if the connection problem goes away. If and when the problem is fixed, you can talk to an advisor through live chat to merge your old and new accounts. If the game still doesn't want to connect then you can request a refund and forget about the new account. This all depends on whether you want to spend extra money on the game or not. Because EA won't fix it. I'm not willing to spend anymore money so I won't be trying this.

Message 479 of 522 (45,865 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I bought the game about a month ago and I am having these issues as well... I also just got DA:O to see if I could beat it and upload info into DA:I, but it won't connect to the server at all!  Not even to let me TRY and log-in to my account!  In fact, the game says I'm not even connected to the internet, which is obviously a lie since I am on here right now.  So, pretty sure I just wasted twenty dollars, as much as I like the games, I have them on Xbox 360 and could have just played them on there if I wanted to... At least on 360 it lets me log-in to my EA account.  :/

Message 480 of 522 (45,527 Views)