Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

by OoOGaBooGaMan

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Tried Safe Mode with networking and the ccleaner,to no avail. In Safe Mode, the game simply gives an error message that the system doesn't have the necessary drivers and cleaning the registry didn't do anything. I also tried to reinstall the game and disabled the ingame Origin overlay and deleted the AppData, as sugegsted elsewhere, to no effect. I did check the logs and it says that the registration server server returns a 404 error that is all I have.

I am getting kind of impatient here.  I wanted to use the holidays to catch up on some gaming, not staring at an error message that is completly unrelated to the actual game. If EA wants to run a draconic DRM system, amybe they should try making it work!

Message 361 of 522 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay so going on 10 days. Where is this 'latest update' that was highlighted? Still no dice here. 

@EA_Kristi wrote:

Hello all,

We are currently investigating this issue and hope to have it resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

P.S.: I am temporarily marking this post as a solution with the sole purpose of highlighting the latest update.

Message 362 of 522 (965 Views)

★★ Novice

Is there some way to manually activate the game? There got to be a solution to this that doesnt involve reinstalling my windows. I am willing to do a lot of things, But I wont nuke my freaking computer to pay a game.

Message 363 of 522 (928 Views)

★ Novice
I see the date on this "solution" is from Nov. 20.
It's now Dec. 31, and it doesn't appear you've fixed the problem yet, since I'm experiencing it too, like all these other people. My copy is for the ps3, so it doesn't seem to matter what platform the game is on. You've got my money, and I simply want to know when you're going to fix the broken product you sold me!
Message 364 of 522 (925 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

EA ... Ya' suck.

Great idea forcing players to activiate their game which is connected to a server to even play singleplayer lol

(Now I realize why people Torrent EA published Games)

Message 365 of 522 (843 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any fing clue as to when this is goping to get fixed?

Message 366 of 522 (833 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I am having this issue too and it's really making me nuts.. I not only re-installed an Origin and Dragon Age Inquisition Digital Deluxe, but re-installed a whole windows just to find myself fighting against this VERY ANNOYING issue yet againg after short gameplay sessions and few crashes in Mantle graphics API..

Now i can't play that game anymore and i have to re-install all drivers, softwares and games JUST FOR NOTHING!..

I'm not sure if this connection / activation error is somehow related to crashing issues i've been experiencing.. Crashing in DX11 in every half to 2 min of gameplay, and a little less often in Mantle API.. Windows gives some error message about mantle, but i can't remember what it said from word to word..

EA / Bioware: Fix this connection / activation issue ASAP

Bioware: Fix unstable DX11 and Mantle API, and flickering / short render-distance terrain textures.. Terrain is sharp somewhere like 0-20meters, then it's just plain green, gray depends of the texture's overral color..

I'm running game with 3 way Crossfire X (R9 280x + R9 280x + HD 7970) in 3840x2160 resolution.. Is the game designed to run in such gpu setup and/or resolutions? i mean are those texture issues only in crossfire / sli configurations and/or UHD resolution based issues..?

Message 367 of 522 (811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Installed on my windows 7 laptop and it activated fine according to the log. Just crashed because laptop too weak. 

Downloading again on a fresh install of windows 8.1 64bit pro. right now. Seeing what happens.

Everyone having the issue - what version of windows are you all running?

Message 368 of 522 (792 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping both threads because the though of reinstalling everything over the new year is bull sh**.

Message 369 of 522 (765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem with the Playstation 4 version of the game. The PS4 is connected to the internet fine in every other regard but when I try to log in with Inquisition now it just says that it's 'connecting to Dragon Age Servers' indefinitly, without ever timing it. I've had the problem for serveral days and even left the silly loading screen up for hours.

Message 370 of 522 (750 Views)