Re: Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition won't connect to the Dragon Age Servers

★★★ Apprentice

I've seen many of these already but since no updates or information on what is going on with this issue has been posted, I figured I'd bump the issue:

I've tried all the suggested "fixes" provided in the other supposedly "solved" threads, including uninstalling and reinstalling Origin twice, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and checking for updates, clean booting the PC, ensuring that my firewall and antivirus are not interfering with the game, etc and nothing has helped.  I play on Origin, and if I open Origin or click the link to open the Keep it registers that I am signed in, but the game itself will not connect to the server no matter what I do.  I tested Dragon Age Origins and it connected to the server with no issue.  I can surf the net, watch netfix, go to the Keep website and sign in with no issues, so there isn't a network issue on my end.

I also find it strange that this seems to be only affecting a few people, and those people never seem to connect...many other people, including many people I know, connect with no issue no matter when they have tried, and I and several others who have posted here have a connection issue every time we try.

I'm extremely frustrated...

Message 1 of 522 (85,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

MAYBE I HAVE THE SOLUTION.

So i was unable to log in on the game since its release, I tried every * thing listed below:
Reinstall game.
Reinstall origin.
Open ports.
Change my ISP.
And others things, today i found a post on Bioware's forum from a guy that discovered that even reinstalling origin, origin was not being recognized as installed by his windows, it was working normally and any other of his games could connect normally, except by DAI them he noticed this problem with Origin not being fully recognized by windows could be the problem.
He uninstalled Origin, restarted the pc and then runned the origin installer "as a admin" even through he was already a admin and after that he could connect online at the game.

I Tried it just a few minutes ago and now i finally can connect to play online \o/ \o/ \o/ I'm so * Happy!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my bad english, i'm not to good at writing, but i could not not share this possible solution to everyone that love this game.

View in thread

Message 476 of 522 (57,070 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Same for me, been having this problem for more than 24 hours now. Just to see what would happen I signed into DA2 and DAO no problem. There must be some kind of fault between Origin and their servers exclusively effecting DAI...

Message 2 of 522 (84,740 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

same here...since I first tried to play at 7am yesterday...I've read all the threads on here, tried all the advice....what bothers me is i'm on a Dragon Age fan group on Facebook, and no one there has reported having the same issue....everyone is playing and talking about the game,...and it seems to only be affecting certain people...even read one thread here where someone said they and a friend both tried logging in on each other's computers to their Origin accounts, and the one who can connect without issue had no problems on either PC while the one having the same problem as we do couldn't connect on either...there's no rhyme or reason to it...I really hope it gets resolved soon because I booked 2 days off to play, but I'm concerned by the lack of communication from EA/Bioware about this...a timeframe, or even an acknowledgement that they're aware of the issue and are working on it...

Message 3 of 522 (84,705 Views)

Community Manager

The story you mention is rather interesting and suggests an account issue. Do you have access to a 2nd machine which has an install of the game that you could use as a test? One troubleshooting step that you might not have tried is to create a new Windows user account, which can help with some of the harder-to-catch issues. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 522 (84,691 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i am also having this same problem.... i go site logged in fine keep fine but in game it wont connect at all

Message 5 of 522 (84,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried this and still the same.... i did this before i even replied

Message 6 of 522 (84,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still having the same proble this morning.  I can connect and play on my PS4 just fine, the PC version is not able to connect.

Message 7 of 522 (84,644 Views)

★ Novice
My wife and I both started running into this on our PS4 this morning. It had been working fine since we bought the game on Tuesday. I have reset the PS4 and Internet modem. No change. :-(
Message 8 of 522 (84,610 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks. I'd be very interested to see if anyone could replicate this issue occuring on another machine that's normally ok.

Here are a few more steps that might help, if the issue is local(though there is some repetition): http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/HOW-TO-Fixing-quot-Origin-Login-Unavailable-quot/m-p/3218195#U321819...

Please note that the Origin cache isn't deleted on a reinstall, so even if you reinstalled previously, be sure to take this step. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 522 (84,606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same here. I'm on PS4, and I have been unable to connect to Dragon Age Servers since release. I've already sacrificed my custom world state from the Keep (which is a huge bummer considering how the time I spent in the previous DA) so I can start playing but now that my friends want to start doing multiplayer, I'm stuck with no real fix at all. I can log in to Origin just fine on the website but have no idea how to fix this on the PS4 since there is no reinstallation of Origin like other threads have suggested. Other friends on PS4 have no problems connecting. Nothing wrong with my network connection since I still play Destiny just fine. I've already given up my custom world, and seems like I have to give up multiplayer and all bonus content (red lyrium weapons) as well since I can't even connect to my Origin account. 

All the fixes I have seen have been specifically for PC but we console players need help as well. I know for sure it's not an issue with PSN and my network connection since every other game runs fine. We just need some way to fix this. 

Message 10 of 522 (84,595 Views)