Re: Dragon Age Inquisition will not install

by slasher76

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition will not install

★★★ Newbie

So I bought the Dragon Age Inquisition brand new from EB games, opened it and inserted Disk one into my disk drive. Everything went fine. After transferring the data from all 4 discs onto my C: drive the button 'Ready to install' became available. I clicked on it. Nothing happened. I closed the data transfer window and hit the orange 'Install' button in origin. And nothing happens. So I have all the data but the game won't install. I tried running Autorun.exe on the first disk but that just opens origin.  Can you perform a manual install from the files? 

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

After trying many more possible solutions, I forced a whole system shut down and left my computer for a while. When I started it back up again and reopened Origin, I was able to download the game from Origin and install it without issue.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (432 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I also cannot close Origin. I get the text box "CANNOT CLOSE ORIGIN Origincannnot close because Dragon AgeTM: Inquisition is installing. Please complete or cancel the installation and try again." And when I view game details the Install button is still there.

Message 2 of 4 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After trying many more possible solutions, I forced a whole system shut down and left my computer for a while. When I started it back up again and reopened Origin, I was able to download the game from Origin and install it without issue.

Message 3 of 4 (433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mping because I'm facign a similar issue. However, unlike the OP, I'm not able to download the game due to poor network conditions. Has there been any solution to the problem proper? Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 4 (383 Views)