Re: Dragon Age Inquisition suddenly can't launch

by mcsupersport

Original Post

@CommanderJonesN7

First thing I noticed about your system DxDiag is you list an Nvidia graphics but nothing is filled out in the specs for it...Now some laptops do this and it is normal for them, but it can also mean that for whatever reason your system is trying to use the Intel graphics to game instead of the Nvidia.  You need to make sure you have set the game to run using the Nvidia card in the control panel and that it never touches the Intel chip. 

Other than that, disable your anti-virus and see if it makes a difference in it working.  Also you can try a clean boot of your computer and see if it allows the game to run....both these are to see if you have program cross interference.

The black screen and back to desktop has historically been anti-virus interference...usually Avast or AVG.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 121 of 126 (815 Views)

★ Novice

Nothing is working for me.

Windows 7, 64 bit. Tried everything. 

Message 122 of 126 (580 Views)

★ Novice

That's * cause I got to run on my laptop.... Which is duel core. So it's possible.

Message 123 of 126 (580 Views)

@RejectedDemo 

Info is good when you are trying to get help.  So DxDiag file, info on EXACTLY what the game is or isn't doing, type of anti-virus you are running, and what steps EXACTLY you have already tried.  Otherwise, not much can be done to help you.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 124 of 126 (556 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Odd how the error went away after repurchasing it through steam.  I could get it to launch through origin, but without being able to connect to dragon age keep.  Also all my expansion purchases were absent.  After reinstalling and trying what I could I eventually gave up and got tired of waiting for a response from you all.  So I took a chance and repurchased it through steam, and like magic the errors all went away and I had access to my old saves.   I can’t decide if this is just a money trap from EA or incompetence.  

Message 125 of 126 (343 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Artmiser wrote:

Odd how the error went away after repurchasing it through steam.  I could get it to launch through origin, but without being able to connect to dragon age keep.  Also all my expansion purchases were absent.  After reinstalling and trying what I could I eventually gave up and got tired of waiting for a response from you all.  So I took a chance and repurchased it through steam, and like magic the errors all went away and I had access to my old saves.   I can’t decide if this is just a money trap from EA or incompetence.  

Response from US??  This by your profile page is the first post you have on these forums, which is player to player help, so unless you are talking about Official EA customer support over on help.ea.com then I don't know what you mean.  Maybe if you had posted here, we could have helped, maybe not, as sometimes only Official help can fix things.   Sorry you had to spend more money, but hopefully you bought it on a sale and thus didn't have to play alot to get to play the game again.

Message 126 of 126 (336 Views)