Original Post

Dragon Age: Inquisition on Steam

★ Newbie

Please make Dragon Age: Inquisition available on Steam

Message 1 of 10 (10,563 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition on Steam

★ Guide

They will not.

The game is strictly integrated with Origin, with it's functions, multiplayer, etc.

Besides, they created Origin so they don't have to share with anyone. All new titles are going to be exclusive.

Ask the same question in, I don't know, 3 years? :P

Still not very likely.

Message 2 of 10 (10,498 Views)

Hero

Alledgedly, EA no longer releases games on Steam due to a disagreement with Valve over DLC distribution.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 10 (10,461 Views)

★ Novice

Well if it's not on steam, I won't be buying it.  I don't really want to have a dozen different clients installed just to play my games.

Message 4 of 10 (10,413 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is a valid point. Their PC sales would be a lot higher if they sold their products on Steam. More people use Steam then both Uplay and Origin combined and with the Steam Machines coming out soon with all those indie titles and so forth there's going to be a lot of business missed. My view of the future is that most console owners will upgrade to a Steam machine as they will be twice if not even more powerful then it's console counterparts. With the Steam machines you will also have the option to purchase low to high range performance variants with the high range playing games at 1440p and above smoothly. You can see how people will notice the visual difference and everyone is a visual fiend. 

Message 5 of 10 (10,390 Views)

★ Guide

Steam is so easy to use and offers so many games in one place, that it is mostly viewed as a feature, not a DRM.

That way, Valve basically struck gold by defeating piracy. Not because of protection, but because of laziness of many people (still easier to pirate than go to the actuall shop to buy a physical copy, you know).

And Origin/uPay just add more complication to the mix. They arrived late. Origin is already a SECOND client, that makes it a hassle. And uplay doesn't even have the functionality of either Steam or even Origin, plus it works really badly and is by far the most expensive of the 3.

Origin and Frostbite are both completely in the hands of EA, but I think they miscalculated greately, If they though it was actually a good idea to bet on those two. They will never beat Steam or Unreal. I am not sure if that even earns them more money at all.

Message 6 of 10 (10,363 Views)

★ Novice

I can't even launch origin. And that support.. It's like talking with a wall :/

Message 7 of 10 (4,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

eat your words, bro; it happened.

Message 8 of 10 (3,631 Views)

★ Guide

@Awsum_7x wrote:

eat your words, bro; it happened.

@Crusader_bin wrote:

Ask the same question in, I don't know, 3 years? :P

It has been 6 years Standard smile I expected them to act, I don't know, 3 years sooner than that? Nice necro post. :D

Message 9 of 10 (3,558 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (2,505 Views)