Dragon Age Inquisition not launching

by theironpick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition not launching

★★★ Newbie

So I'm trying to launch Dragon Age Inquisition through steam, however when ever I launch it, it opens Origin then does nothing, when I try opening it with origin launched It won't open and relaunch origin.

Message 1 of 8 (1,258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition not launching

Hero

Did you also disable antivirus? That's the main cause for this game not launching.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (1,215 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
@theironpick And Yes I did try the soft reboot, optimization and all that.
Message 2 of 8 (1,253 Views)

Hero

Did you also disable antivirus? That's the main cause for this game not launching.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 8 (1,216 Views)

★ Novice

I have put exclusions for origin and both DA:I folders into both of by AVs (bit defender and Microsoft's in-built one) 
I've tried running the game manually as administrator
I have tried repairing the install
nothing happens - after a few seconds it goes (back) to the DA:I page and for a brief moment it loads the background picture but then that goes - makes me wonder why it is not showing - I'm pretty sure it used to a couple of years back when I first played through
my other games (the other DA ones, Mass Effect Andromeda) load fine and on their launch page on Origin they have background pictures.
I can find no logs, nothing in the event viewer, hells I've even tried launching it with both AVs disabled but nothing happens
(can you tell I work in IT?  Standard smile )
this is sad as I wanted to load it up for old times sake :*(

Message 4 of 8 (1,025 Views)

A dxdiag file posted would help, and you may try renaming you dai save file to see if any difference is made.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 8 (1,009 Views)

★ Novice

My PC's almost certainly been upgraded since I last played - it's not too shonky - it managed Cyberpunk ok Standard smile 
I've attached a DXdiag
I'll have a go with copying the save game folder off to one side maybe.

Message 6 of 8 (992 Views)

You have a Steele series gaming mouse....do you have their program installed?  If yes, disable it and try to run DAI.

You also have a couple of Windows issues/failures and one McAfee Bex issue in your crash reports at the end of the DxDiag.  You may want to run a admin sfc/scannow scan of your system to see if any window errors can be found and fixed.  Also if you haven't tried yet, disable McAfee especially Anti-virus for a short time and see if it makes a difference.

Make sure you cut and paste it elsewhere on your save folder.  The reason for this is to remove any previous game files/saves as well as the config files for the game to test if one of them is corrupt and causing issues.  I have seen save game files cause the game to crash when it tries to access them which is just after loading the game to get ready to continue the previous save.  Not often, true, but I have seen it happen.  I don't want you to totally lose the file if there are previous saves there, as I don't want you to lose the time invested there, but a new save folder and config file will be created back to default settings.  So if it fixes it, you can copy files back slowly until you find the issue...or all if it makes no difference.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 7 of 8 (979 Views)

★ Novice

Bizarre the McAfee isn't the AV (I use bitdefender) it's just the true key element and the mouse is the same mouse I've had for *years* I think I've updated my mobo/cpu/gpu since I last played and obviously windows will have updated - I imagine the hard drive is the same though (installed on my D drive - I've done the 'repair broken install' in case that was an issue)  Also tried reseating my GPU the other day as they're so weighty these days that they tend to get a bit of a wobble eventually Standard smile
just going through the sfc /scannow see it that helps

Message 8 of 8 (858 Views)