Re: Dragon Age Inquisition not launching

by col_lloyd

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition not launching

★ Novice

Hi, 

I bought a bundle of Dragon Age Inquistion and Mass Effect Andromeda.

They both install via steam, but run via Origin. Mass effect works fine, no problem, but Dragon Age does not register as installed on Origin (it is), and there is no way I have found around this. 

Please advise.

I have reinstalled the game onto C, revalidated the files etc.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (1,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@col_lloyd 

Hmmm, gotcha. As far as I know Dragon Age Origins shouldn't be interfering. In the other cases I've seen like this it's related to having previously played Dragon Age Inquisition in particular. That said, I am leaning toward this being an account-related issue rather than something in the Origin client itself. 

When you've got the chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. They should be able to spot any potential issues, but unfortunately we don't have the ability to investigate here on Answers HQ. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. You can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, if that works better for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,165 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @col_lloyd

I'm sorry about the late reply on this. 

When you have the chance can you try clearing the Origin cache to see if that makes any difference at all? I've seen some cases in the past where problems with the client's cached data can cause similar issues. You can find more information on how to clear the cache over at the EA Help website

Once you've had the chance to give it a shot please let me know. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,240 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, 

many thanks for your reply. I have followed the instructions to clear the cache and restarted. 

The game initially appeared with the button saying Play in the Origin browser. But on clicking on it it reverts to download, saying the game is not installed.

If you click on it via steam, it transfers to Origin and then shuts Origin. No message appears.

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,226 Views)

Community Manager

@col_lloyd 

Thanks, I appreciate you giving that a try. This sounds like it might be related to an issue we've been tracking recently. I'd like to gather a bit more information, if you don't mind.

Before you purchased the game, did you ever download and play it through EA Play on Steam? Did you ever purchase the game on Origin in the past? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,190 Views)

★ Novice

I have not played it through EA play. I have purchased Dragon Age origins on Origin beforehand. 

Hope this helps.

Tom

Message 5 of 6 (1,174 Views)

Community Manager

@col_lloyd 

Hmmm, gotcha. As far as I know Dragon Age Origins shouldn't be interfering. In the other cases I've seen like this it's related to having previously played Dragon Age Inquisition in particular. That said, I am leaning toward this being an account-related issue rather than something in the Origin client itself. 

When you've got the chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team so they can pull up your account and take a look. They should be able to spot any potential issues, but unfortunately we don't have the ability to investigate here on Answers HQ. 

For more details on how to set up a case with them check out the EA Help website. You can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook instead, if that works better for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,166 Views)