Re: Dragon Age Inquisition not going full screen in Mantle with Ultra-Wide

by Liso1966

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition not going full screen in Mantle with Ultra-Wide

★★★★★ Novice

I have a 2560x1080 monitor that is awesome for other RPGs but there is an issue with DAI it appears when using Mantle. If I stay in DX the game goes into full screen mode as it should and appears to be fine. However running with Mantle the game will only run in a Windowed screen no matter what setting is used.

Message 1 of 8 (5,673 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I found some bugs in this resolution!

In some menus the text is hidden behind black bars at the edges, the center of the screen resolution back to 1920x1080 creating black columns ahead of the texts.

Only during game play resolution 21: 9 screen is complete.

Could this be the first game to support 100% resolution 21: 9?

That would be great for anyone who uses this resolution cinema screen, since suscesso the game is visible, many other Devs, this support would know, and if they are smart, they use it for marketing in partnership with LG and their monitors 21: 9 ! haha

The gameplay is beautiful 21: 9, with these beautiful scenarios, I play since 1989, since the prince of Percia that black and white screen, and I have never seen such a beautiful hambiente!

Help us with this resolution Design! Ps. And buy a monitor 21: 9 to work, perfect for Maya + Photoshop + Wacom = P ....

Core i7 950 3.8 O.C
GTX 780 SC ACX
12GB ram 1600 O.C
Roccat Kone XTD  -  10 clicks, and just 2 works =[!   LOL

They should create a job: PC Gameplay Desing DIrector ( I work 4 free! Just to do a better PC gameplay experiency!) email me! 28 years of experience! My know how in game design evolution are unique! I just love game, and the game evolution, so, the new Dragon Age come back some greate gameplay time as i havent felling in a long time!

CYA!

Message 2 of 8 (5,028 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have no idea why, and something tells me this is a wierd glitch, but I switched from fullscreen to windowed fullscreen and it went into actual "fullscreen" 

Maybe it's backwards? *Shrugs* I have a gaming laptop, so I resolution is 1920 x 1080

Message 3 of 8 (4,937 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This isnt really full screen though. A full screen application would perform a lot better. This is keeps generating graphics to all other tasks behind the game as well, and it really kills my performance...

Message 4 of 8 (4,785 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same here, i'm using mantle with 1920x1200 Resolution and the game only start in windowed ... pretty annoying bug.

Maybe there's a "command" so to launch the game correctly in full screen.

When switching in HD it's fullscreen, so it just concern Ultra-wide ...

Thanks in advance for a reply.

Message 5 of 8 (3,823 Views)

★ Novice

Easy workaround for me,:

go in option/screen than change in windows mode. Press back. Confirm.

Do it again but this time set fullscreen.

Done.

Message 6 of 8 (2,778 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Im on a 3440x1440 ultrawide and have same problem, also ultrawide issues, the skill priority of companions is inaccessible in this resolution.

Im on a 295x2 and crossfire doesnt work in windowed fullscreen.

Message 7 of 8 (2,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks azaratur434  I can't believe I didn't try that, but that did it.

Message 8 of 8 (2,264 Views)