Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayable

by Lanhdis

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★★★ Novice

I also get this issue, here is my DxDiag:
http://hastebin.com/kibibexezi.tex

Message 61 of 366 (11,222 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Bought this game last Sunday and getting desktop crashes and I noticed this only occurs on conversations and when I'm on the Inquisitin Map.

The game became umplayable when I'm at the point where I first meet Vivienne due to huge amounts of dialogue so I've been searching for fixes ever since. Tried every fix I could find but nothing worked so I tried to play the game offline (disabled my internet connection) and I got past recruiting Viviene. Tried to stay on the Inquisition map and no crash. Just to test it, I reconnected my internet, restarted the game (so I can connect to the EA servers), less than 5 minutes in the inquisition map and crash. Hated the fact that I need to be offline everytime I play this game so I tried disabling everything on the "Account" option (Share usage data, Always log me in, Upload game data to dragon age keep) and I have been playing 6 straight hours now.  Hope this works you guys as well.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to share how I got my fix. And English is not my native language so sorry if there are errors in my grammar.

EDIT (Semi-Important semi-SPOILER ALERT):

This bug broke my game before. On the missioin A Friend of Red Jenny, you will have a conversation with Sera that will decide wheter you want her as a companion or not. Bug went off at said conversation and when I reloaded the game, i'm at the last part of the quest but now i can't talk to Sera and can't finish the quest,

Message 62 of 366 (11,146 Views)

★ Novice

It's the second game I've got from EA, the first time with the whole origin bla bla.

The game crashes all the time, I've lost so many savegames because they become corrupted... Are you going to fix it? Confusedmileymad:

Message 63 of 366 (11,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same crash to desktop without a message, however for me it happens in only two instances -- when I leave hinterlands to go to Haven. Amusingly enough when I go to other locations, like Val Royeaux or Fallow Mire(the only ones open to me at this point) I experience no crash and it works solidly. I also have the same crash when trying to summon a mount(via priessing =). The crash moving to Haven looks to be the following -- first the page with random lore loads for about 10 seconds, then black screen for another 5-10 seconds, then music for 2 second, then crash. The crash from summoning mount is immediate.

I had tried all available solutions including reinstalling drivers, the game itself and peripherals, tweaking my settings(both with gpu and cpu cores) and playing offline or with origin overlay disabled.

I am clearly buffled by this lack of response from the powers that be. Frown

I would really appreciate some help here.

PS My computer

Intel Core i 7 4770 3.40 ghz

Nvidia GTX 760 (not overclocked)

8 Gigs of Ram

Playng from HDD.

Message 64 of 366 (11,112 Views)

★ Novice

I am also getting similar crashes. 90% of them happen during conversations. A lot of those crashes happen in the war room. Currently I'm having trouble getting past a certain conversation in the Fade. I'm getting the impression that I have a time limit as I can get a little further each time I skip through dialog.

Message 65 of 366 (11,105 Views)

★ Novice

I Shall Also Sing to the Corus of Random Crashes. I have also installed all of the normal stuff agian, and fixes apon fixes to no avail! 

Message 66 of 366 (11,036 Views)

★★★ Novice

I will also add 1 more complaint to the mix.

I have tried every combination of fixes for hours to no avail.

Message 67 of 366 (11,029 Views)

★ Novice

yup... not much else to say untill theres even a response from some kind of moderator or dev.

Message 68 of 366 (10,833 Views)

★ Novice

Same issue here. Im able to play the intro and create a toon, but as soon as the cut scene is over it crashes. Tried all the sugestions and no go. Ive been at it for 4 hours trouble shooting everything from firewall ports to drivers, installers, repareing, turning off Origin in-game, and nothing so far. I even told my computer I love her an talked sweet talk. We need a fix for this EA !!!!!

Message 69 of 366 (10,819 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know it for sure, but i fancy myself that it got better after I started playing in full windowed mode.

Message 70 of 366 (10,816 Views)