Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayable

by Lanhdis

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.  I have played since launch with no issues.  But starting yesterday the game crashes to desktop with no error and always during combat.

I confimed that nothing changed on my system. I am usiing the beta AMD dreivers.  Hasd anyone heard anything from EA on this yet?  Is itr worth it to spend teh hour waiting for live chat?

Phad.

Message 51 of 366 (5,796 Views)

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★ Newbie
I've played close to 60 hours on single player and only had one crash. As soon as I started to play multiplayer my game crashes every other game to desktop no error message. It truly is frustrating.
Message 52 of 366 (5,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've played close to 60 hours on single player and only had one crash. As soon as I started to play multiplayer my game crashes every other game to desktop no error message. It truly is frustrating.
Message 53 of 366 (5,784 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine does the same thing its just whenever i try to load a save file file my screen goes dark and crashes failing to load my file so i havnt been able to play dragon age for the past two weeks now. Link to my topic i posted earlier.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Unable-to-load-saved-game-file/m-p/4067684#U4067684

Message 54 of 366 (5,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Crashes with no errors. Sometimes the screen freezes for a few seconds before crash. Didn't happen before, but with 90 hrs in, it seems to happen in hourly intervals. Very annoying, especially when it happens during dragon fights. 

Message 55 of 366 (5,729 Views)

★ Novice

It didn't crash in the start, but after 50hours of gameplay, it crashe's alot during combat!

Please help Bioware..!

Message 56 of 366 (5,720 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Stopt playing this game for now....

more and more crashes...

10-20mins... no support...

no one dev commentary or anything really really bad...

next time i buy bioware games on sale for a few bucks.... not for the full price

Message 57 of 366 (5,705 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine crashes during most fast travel and before most cutscenes.  Some things like changing resolution and display options SEEMS to help sometimes, but it's very random.  Has been doing this since the first encounter with a Pride Demon.  I've gotten somewhat far into the game, but it's getting a lot worse to the point where it takes an hour to go through a door because I keep crashing.  Never any error messages, just straight to desktop.  Running a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560.  Definitely meet min. specs.  Tried all the "fixes" and downloaded the beta Nvidia driver.  Doesn't work.

Message 58 of 366 (5,704 Views)

★★ Novice

Strange thing, until today i had 4gb of RAM in my PC - and no problems with CTD in dragon age. But today i intalled additional 4 GB of RAM and that was it - now game crashes constantly, sometimes after 30 minutes of play, sometimes after 1 minute... 

Message 59 of 366 (5,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Try to play in window mode (alt+enter)... 

It solved my problem with crashing the game.

Message 60 of 366 (5,630 Views)