Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

by kinom001

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps crashing to desktop no error message, unplayab

★★★ Novice

I have no idea what causes this issue. It happens in both multiplayer and single player. What I do wish is that it would stop. I love this game but the CTD is annoying as hell.

Message 141 of 366 (4,201 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem, bought the delux edition- what a waste of money. if i did this in my job i would get sued. thanks heaps Bioware

Message 142 of 366 (4,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

also bought latest Alien 17 $3.5k just to run this game.

Message 143 of 366 (4,193 Views)

★ Novice

The crashes are so annoying!  I spent a couple of minutes loading my save file, moved my character several steps and BAM! CTD

Come on bioware, fix your game!

Message 144 of 366 (4,131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine does this as well . .ALOT

Playing along , all of a sudden it crashes 
-and- goes into hibernation mode.
When I bring it out of that mode , the game is still there saying : Unable to connect to Dragon Age servers"
I tried to shut down "Geforce Experience" , and played on , next time it crashes .. Geforce experience is suddenly active again!!! Frown

I sport a Alienware 18 PC with GTX 880M Football Graphic cards . . 

How do i prevent "Geforce Experience" from starting up again ? Its deactivated from my "startup programs" yet it still insists on turning itself on again !?!?

Message 145 of 366 (4,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me TOO!! Without fail, every time I open the potions table, the next thing I know, I'm staring at my desktop. No freeze, no error. 

Message 146 of 366 (4,036 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was having random no error CTD's everywhere.  I'd tried a few different things to no avail.  What finally fixed it was uninstalling Asus GamerOSD and restarting the computer to finish the uninstallation.  It's a screen recording software I never used that came with my GPU.

I played multiple hours last night without a single crash.  I play in windowed fullscreen with a .cgf to disable motion blur and have a fps counter.

My computer is about 2 yrs. old:

mobo:  ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3
cpu:  Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3GHz
hdd:  Samsung Pinpoint 1TB HDD
gpu:  Asus Radeon HD 6870 1GB

ram:  8GB 

Message 147 of 366 (3,986 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

This crash to desktop without warning **bleep** is getting old fast. 3-4 runs just fine. Next 12 I crash halfway through. Freaking 12 in a row. Is this some form of gated timesink secretly put in?

Message 148 of 366 (3,952 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

For me, the crash's are no longer a problem.

But first an explanation:
On the stormy coastal, each time in the caves with the spiders there was a ctd without error message.
Since yesterday morning, when I activated Mantle, instead of DX 11. I had. No crash, in a game session 10 hours.

My System:

AMD FX 8150@3,8 Ghz

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT with boost

8 GB Ram

Win 7 x64

I run the Game with Settings on High

Message 149 of 366 (3,924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Ditto for me.... 

Bought the Deluxe game a few days ago - after patch 2 was released.... Origin app tells me I have been playing for 19hours total.... I have had about 6 crash to desktop problems... 

Interesting observations that I have noticed.. Have no idea if they are appropriate but here goes...

1 - The first 10 hours, I had zero CTD and I spent a lot of time tweaking performance vs quality and testing Mantle or DirectX and running benchmarks.

2 - Next 9 hours... 6 crashes... not able to play for longer than 2hours give or take... sometimes as short as a minute or two.

3 - All crashes happen while char in Hinterland - have not been anywhere else.

4 - Crashes occur on Mantle or DirectX (I seem to get better performance on DirectX and Mantle heats my graphics card close to 90 deg c while directx maxes in the mid to late 70's so I dont use Mantle)

5 - Crashes dont seem to be repeatable... i.e. I cannot do a sequence of events to reproduce the problem.. sometimes its as simply as whistling for the mount and it drops out - I was able to make a CTD by whistling for my mount at Redcliffe farm camp - could do it twice in a row and then it worked fine and no further CTD.  Sometimes clicking on a potion table causes it, but not always... Sometimes the crash can happen an hour into play, other times it can happen a few seconds after loading - but almost always after some interaction with the game... i.e. if you load and leave it, it does not crash...  

6 - I dont login to DA servers nor do I let the Origin in game features run.

7 - Machine consists of components faster than that in the Recommended Spec by EA i4690k, R9 280x, SSD, 8GB ram etc.

8 - My machine is not overheating when this happens and I continually run temp/cpu monitoring apps to warn if anything reaches dangerous levels

9 - I have not tested by running the game with antivirus off etc, but I have shutdown all other xtra apps so there is nothing running..

10 - am running the latest drivers and patches for hardware and window 8.1.. .all bios updates done etc.. i.e. there is nothing running on some older driver...

Arrghh...... 

@Bioware... would appreciate a heads up on this and when you expect the next round of patches alluded to about a week ago by one of the EA mods...

Message 150 of 366 (3,852 Views)