Re: Dragon Age Inquisition is broken

by TheBaconHero

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition is broken

★★ Novice
First of all I would like to start off with saying how much I enjoy your games. They have always been great in my opinion.
Now that this is out of the way I would like to express how disappointed I am that you made dragon age inquisition for the ps3, but it does not even work. I spent 60 bucks on a broken game and im very very unhappy with it. This may not be the place to post this but I couldn't find the right place.
Dragon age inquisition works flawlessly for the ps4. I know this beacuse I've played it on that system. I bought it for the ps3 but cant get past 5 hours of game play because it keeps freezeing on the loading screen when I try to load my game! Why would you produce a broken game and sell it for a system that you claim has hardware issues with inquisition, just does not make any sense to me at all!!!! Please feel free to message me if any of you developers see this. Its absolutely ridiculous that you cant even make a great game work. Im so close to demanding my money back because there is no sence in me even having the game at all when I cant even play it. This a problem that bioware can fix but chooses not to and it makes you guys look cheap and incompetent
Message 1 of 7 (1,730 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@cjbrun87 thanks for your feedback, we can totally understand that freezing issues on your system are annoying and have an impact on your enjoyment. I will pass your report on to the studio but as Answer HQ is a place for technical help, could you please tell us the exact model of your PS3 as well as what kind of troubleshooting steps you have tried already?

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 7 (1,707 Views)

★★ Novice
I have the newest ps3. Its the on where the top slides open and you put your disk in like the ps1 and ps2. The model number is CECH-4301C. Its also got a 500gig hard drive. As far as trouble shooting I've checked to make sure the system has the latest update and the game is also updated. I've done everything short of uninstalling and reinstalling, as I dont have internet right now.
Message 3 of 7 (1,696 Views)

Hero

Freezes can be caused by data corruption. If the game is installed to the HDD, I would suggest reinstalling it.

Also make sure the PS3 is cooled properly. Make sure nothing covers the console so that there is adequate air flow. If it's in a dusty environment, you may want to open up the console (if that's even possible with a PS3) and remove any dust with a can of air duster.

I agree that BioWare / EA should probably not have released the game on last-gen consoles. I understand their reasoning, however, since it was early in the current gen console cycle and many players had not yet transitioned to the new consoles. I think it's a small miracle that the game ran on last-gen at all (for most people), until the more CPU demanding DLC packs came out.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 7 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having trouble with the game, I just bought it recently and I've only put 3 hours into the game, because now it's broken for good. I can't move, I can't use abilities I can't do anything unless I use my mouse, I can move around using the tactical view, but why would I even do that? It ruins the experience.. I can't see properly using that either, I've looked around for a fix but there's nothing that helps me fix my problem.

- Playing on a PC

Message 5 of 7 (1,565 Views)

@TheBaconHero

You say you can't do anything except with the mouse....do you mean your keyboard doesn't respond in game??  If this is the case, then IIRC the last instance of this was either a chat program or emoji app on the computer interfering with the game.  You can try a clean boot to see if it fixes the issue and if it does then you just have to weed through all the running programs on your system to figure out which is interfering.  I would look at things such as Discord, slack, teamspeak, or any overlay program that is designed to help with chatting.  I would bet you a penny that it is a cross program interference.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 7 (1,544 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I just did a clean boot. All I could use in-game was my mouse the keyboard was off fully, tried everything that I have seen people say with the same problem and nothing worked at all.
I got discord on again and it works, but I'll see about the second time I open it, because that was when the last stopped.

Message 7 of 7 (1,530 Views)