Dragon Age Inquisition is already running..

by 7c63fba278e45ff9

Original Post

Dragon Age Inquisition is already running..

★ Novice

We all love this error, especially since it often never gets solved. I browsed and tried all the solutions provided over the past 6 years.

Does anyone actually have a fix for this problem that only the EA Play app seems to have? Furthermore, the issue started randomly and suddenly after playing just fine for 2 weeks straight and not downloading/changing a single thing on the PC I'm using it on?

Is there a secret subscription that's time-elapsed that just "expires after x amount of hours"

Anyone have a clue on this? Again, before asking, NOTHING was changed on this pc - it was literally only used to play this game for 2 weeks straight.

No wonder EA get's trashed so hard - how can you not buy into the hype when it happens to you.

Message 1 of 15 (2,442 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition is already running..

Community Manager

@7c63fba278e45ff9 

You likely just need to reboot.

Try the following also:

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 15 (2,411 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have already tried everything you have outlined as well as many other solutions and I still get the exact same issue, do you have any other solutions?

Message 3 of 15 (2,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening to me for about a week now. I've tried downloading the old origin app  but every time it keeps forcing me to update it to the EA app. It's very frustrating having payed for the game, being it right there and I can't play the darn thing.

Message 4 of 15 (2,124 Views)

★★★ Novice

none of those solutions worked. 

and abandoning these threads isnt working either. 

Message 5 of 15 (1,906 Views)

★★ Novice

OH! So, I had this with the Old Origin launcher, you have to go under Task manager, and then find it in the background, close the game, AND the launcher and restart. Its annoying, but once you know what to look for a quick fix. Not that I would know if it works for EA's new launcher though... 

Message 6 of 15 (1,902 Views)

Dot.: Dragon Age Inquisition is already running..

★★★★★ Newbie
In my case, by some miracle, it was enough to create a new Windows account, the game starts normally on it, I have no idea why.
Message 7 of 15 (1,649 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone!

I wanted to follow up with this one and see if anyone is still running into this issue.

Did we try the steps that @Kolanowski1337 gave about creating a new Windows account?

Try a new user account here and let us know what happens. 😉

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 15 (1,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the steps provided by @Kolanowski1337 to make a new local windows account and accessing the game through that account has worked for me

it doesn't fix it for my original windows account so I went snooping in the registry and profile appdata settings of my original account hoping to find a fix but so far no success there

Message 9 of 15 (1,473 Views)

Community Manager

@Sylvare For things like this, I typically run through a few registry cleaner cycles and windows repairs. It is harder to narrow these down. I close everything in Task Manager first. That way all steps you do are done with no programs running.

For example, These are what I mainly do

1. Press the Windows key + R, go into the file explorer, type in %temp%, and hit Enter
  2. Delete everything it allows you to delete.
  3. Reboot the PC

install CCleaner (it's free) from here (keep in mind this is an at-your-own-risk registry cleaner but a safe one)

• Run registry cleaner
  • Click fix all
  • Back up? No

Run the System File Checker tool then Check for Windows I run a repair on my SSD(HDD) as well as the Windows Repair.

EA_ShepardAHQ

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 10 of 15 (1,465 Views)