Dragon Age Inquisition instantly crashes after a second or two

by SpaceChase99

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition instantly crashes after a second or two

★★ Novice

I reinstalled windows and had to install all of my old games. I started with Origins, then two, and now I am at Inquisition. I downloaded it overnight and went to play it the next day, but it instaly crashed without a warning or message. I have no idea what is happening because this doesn't happen with any other game I own.

Message 1 of 4 (481 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition instantly crashes after a second or two

Most common cause is anti virus, usually avast or avg. Put in exceptions for origin, dai, and saves folder for dai, or temp disable your AV. If that doesn't fix then post DxDiag file. Also add on programs for mice, keyboards and headphones such for razor products also cause issue. But I bet it is antivirus.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (707 Views)

All Replies

Most common cause is anti virus, usually avast or avg. Put in exceptions for origin, dai, and saves folder for dai, or temp disable your AV. If that doesn't fix then post DxDiag file. Also add on programs for mice, keyboards and headphones such for razor products also cause issue. But I bet it is antivirus.
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (708 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! Also on an unrelated note, do you know anything about DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION? I've installed new drivers using DriverEasy, but it still crashed my whole pc.

Message 3 of 4 (460 Views)

★★ Novice

The game loads up and shuts down the computer within 3-5mins of play. Iv tried everything! Iv attached 2 files. If you have any thoughts on this i would very appreciative.

Message 4 of 4 (364 Views)