Dragon Age Inquisition how to change language from russian to english?

by Khajiit_Sedya

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dragon Age Inquisition how to change language from russian to english?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How to change the TEXT language from russian (or any other, for that matter) to english? There is no option in sound settings menu, and I only had polish and russian for language download options. Why would I even need polish? These language restrictions are ridiculous. There are no other language text files in the loctext folder even.

Message 1 of 11 (29,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dragon Age Inquisition how to change language from russian to english?

★★★★★ Novice

I dowloaded english text files named as russian and replaced the original ones. Some texts and names of the items (mainly from the DLCs) are still in russian, but it's better than nothing.

I try to watch my language, EA, but this is really ridiculous. People are being forced to play in a language they don't want simply because they bought the game a bit cheaper than people from other areas. Ohwow. Are you so afraid players will sell their accounts abroad for profit? Well, fair enough. But those are minority. Take a * guess how much money you lose when people choose to download pirated games to avoid your crappy region locks.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (32,880 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Download the free DLC English Voice Over Pack. You should then be able to choose English in the options menu.

Message 2 of 11 (29,771 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I already have done it. Text language russian is still the only one available.

Message 3 of 11 (29,764 Views)

★★★ Expert

Yes the text will remain but, the voices should be English now. The only way to get text in a language is to buy and install the game from the region you wish.

Message 4 of 11 (29,753 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I dowloaded english text files named as russian and replaced the original ones. Some texts and names of the items (mainly from the DLCs) are still in russian, but it's better than nothing.

I try to watch my language, EA, but this is really ridiculous. People are being forced to play in a language they don't want simply because they bought the game a bit cheaper than people from other areas. Ohwow. Are you so afraid players will sell their accounts abroad for profit? Well, fair enough. But those are minority. Take a * guess how much money you lose when people choose to download pirated games to avoid your crappy region locks.

Message 5 of 11 (32,881 Views)

★★★ Expert

The easy solution would be for EA to make language packs available to all regions. I'll bring this up to the Community managers. It might not help now but, hopefully will for future games.

Message 6 of 11 (29,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm a native Polish.

Why am i banned from experiencing the game in original (English) version, with English Subtitles, dialogue options etc. ?
That's just plain stupid.

Message 7 of 11 (25,903 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

No one is "banned" from playing the game in any language at all.

The issue is not the game, it's the game's distribution agreements worked out in different regions

Buy the physical disc with the language you want from a retail vendor in an appropriate region.

Message 8 of 11 (25,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the mail from steam. In the description is documented the voice will be english (what it was) and the text can be chosen. But after installing the subtitles are in German. How can I change that. Its very frustrating, because I am english speaking and every game and os on my computer is in english. Why is EA or Steam doing this. This is very anoying. I cant understand this and this is exactly as mentioned above the reason the user stats to do funny things like getting pirated games. 

Message 9 of 11 (22,204 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I downloaded it (the english voice over pack) and the voices aren't in english 

Message 10 of 11 (8,132 Views)