'Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working'

by StonerKing

Original Post

Accepted Solution

'Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working'

★★★★ Novice

Since the game came out I have had endless problems trying to play. Firstly, I haven't been able to connect to the dragon age servers even once. Only been able to play offline, even though the origin in-game menu could access my account. Really pissed off I can't import my DA 1 and 2 choices, but couldnt wait any longe so started offline with default world. 22 Hours in tho, after origin update I think, the game doesn't even open. Goes to the 'syncing' menu, then black wondowed screen comes up and immediately game crashes with windows error message saying: 'Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working'

All I did on my side was...nothing. Went to sleep and when I started my pc that started happening. Then the whole problem with Origin not able to connect to ea server to activate my already activated game. That problem is now gone, but the game keeps crashing the moment it launches, but it runs when I disable origins in game? Use to run either way just could not connect to DA servers. Now ONLY runs when origins is disabled in game. Come the **bleep** one this is getting ridiculous can I just play the damn game the way it was meant to. Apparantly not.

Message 1 of 14 (20,373 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 'Dragon Age: Inquisition has stopped working'

★★★ Newbie

Found this while searching around:

1) Open Origin

2) Then press Origin on the top left side.

3) Press Application Settings

4) Press Origin in games

5) Look on "general" and remove arrow from "Enable Origin in game".

Worked for me. Hope it helps. Thread is here with other solutions:

answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/DA-I-crashes-on-PC-after-clicking-quot-Play-quot-due-to-Origin/m-p/4043078/highlight/false#M14812 

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (22,919 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have this exact problem on PC. I can't get the game started today. Also, I consistently get crashes during gameplay and freezes that are pretty annoying. It is understandable though, because I've never encountered a game of this magnitude before. Please fix so I can dive back in!

Message 2 of 14 (20,239 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem as well. Was working fine, updated, now black screen and nothing. I've uninstaled and reinstaled, tried running it off line and online. Even turned off my firewalls and updated all my drivers. I've got nothing. Please fix this soon.

Message 3 of 14 (19,999 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Found this while searching around:

1) Open Origin

2) Then press Origin on the top left side.

3) Press Application Settings

4) Press Origin in games

5) Look on "general" and remove arrow from "Enable Origin in game".

Worked for me. Hope it helps. Thread is here with other solutions:

answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/DA-I-crashes-on-PC-after-clicking-quot-Play-quot-due-to-Origin/m-p/4043078/highlight/false#M14812 

Message 4 of 14 (22,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow Thanks for the info it worked for me too and this was so easy after three days of trying to fix this issue!

Message 5 of 14 (19,972 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Closing the Razer Synapse program, then open Origin and launching the game finally worked for me!

Message 6 of 14 (19,947 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks! Worked great!

Message 7 of 14 (19,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

when i removed origin in game it just shuts the game down immidiately after startup with no error screen whatsoever.  just a blak screen fr a second or two and then the game closes. any help?

Message 8 of 14 (19,006 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Disabling origin in-game allows the game to launch, but that means no Keep. Proper fix needed. It's great that BioWare have released their patch, but I feel it's Origin thats messing up the game yet no new Origin patch. Game runs fine in offline mode I don't get many freezes or any crashes at all. ONLY crashes due to the origin in-game menu so ding ding ding there's your problem EA: Get rid of your stupid Steam-Wannabe-App and let me play the game I paid you for.

Message 9 of 14 (18,457 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Run the standard set of Windows Clean Boot tests as per the instructions on the Microsoft site.  Quite frequently, you are allowing something else to run that is what conflicts with Origin.  Clean Boot procedures will reveal what it is. 

Message 10 of 14 (18,415 Views)